• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What is a good host for CGI

SLZdesign

Hi,

We were asking our selves what would be a good free host with fast speed, around 50mb + cgi + sub-domain ( Sub domain is not a necessity ) but 50mb and more would... depends.... it will take time to fill 50mb so will start off with that.

Anything matching around that ( Note : CGI is required )

CGI

Hypermart or Vitualave offer the best if you are not just making a lame personal page. Hypermart has limitless cgi and SSI. Hypermarts uptime and average speed is faultless for a free server. Oh and you can now use your own domain name and finalise the DNS online from your account page.
http://www.hypermart.net .. it takes some beating but then theres always someone who wants the world for free.

With What I need...... ummm

Hi,

Well I know them both, but with what I need to do and a couple of months i'll need more webspace and expand.... since it's going to be a big website and not it's not a personal lame page.

Most site made by us are semi pro design, can't be professional with don't have all the people and ressources to do so.

You can sign up for http://www.spaceports.com. They provide 20megs of space without CGI in the beginning, then you can upgrade that later on. After signing up for the normal account, you can get a CGI account. The CGI account is only 10megs (non-upgradable). But if you only need CGI for a part of your site, Spaceports is an honorable mention.

Take a look at prohosting(http://www.free.prohosting.com), you'll have: 50 megs of disk space, CGI / SSI enable and a banner on you page...

Elap

That banner is just plain ugly... No offence to anyone who likes it though. This is just my opinion.

Yep it's not a criteria, since the banner won't be there.

Ah well, doesn't really mather since the banner won't be there, i'll remove it with a CGI script running server side. It has work before and with no problem, tought i'll have to modifie it a little to fit what I need.

But the CGI is meanly for the Forum , GuestBook, NewsLetter and stuff like that =) I whant to personalize all the infos I need that's why I don't whant free Forum stuff or other I whant to offer it my self.

In any case thanks to all and if you have more great idea go on ! =)

<sarcasm>
Ooohhh! Cheating a host! How extremely kind of you! I bet Prohosting will reward you for your efforts by deleting you account!
</sarcasm>

LOLOL !

No actually, they didn't and I ask them if they would, they said if you aint getting high traffic.... we won't really do aything about it.

Not only are you getting rid of their banners, but you are consuming processing power to run the cgi scripts everytime someone accesses your site.

Just be thankful that Prohosting doesn't care...most FWPs would kill your account immmediately...

Oh ok ok....

Ok then, i'll simply remove the CGI and replace it by a JavaScript that will do the same thing.... might take more time but anyway.

Am I a Bank ?

LOLOL,

If i'm looking for free space, with CGI.... it means I have no way of buying some and even with that I hate credit cards, I absuletly won't use 1 and for god sake...... it's easy to get any one credit card number from transaction they make...... just go on the Chat in look for warez channel and you'll see a bunch of CC...... going around wich are genuine and never been used by expept for the owners ( BUT I URGE NEVER TO TRY THAT )

Back