• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What happened to valuablehost.com?

Yep, same problem...this is the last straw, I'm going elsewhere...if only I can figure out a way to contact HostEXP and get some money back.

Money? The very little that you spent monthly?

Look, just stop bitching and just take your business elsewhere, it's not like you lost 10,000$ by dealing with C I Host. No one said you should stay if you don't like it. I know it's just the principle, but it's not like you took a big loss by dealing with them. These things happen.

Look, how many times does someone have to explain to you...it doesn't matter what the frickin' cost is....I paid for 99.9% UPTIME!!! It doesn't matter if its low cost. I'm not GETTING what I PAID FOR. I have every right to be ticked off. It's necessary to leave my mark on this board so I can help future visitors in not getting screwed by the horrible, sorry, no-account hosting that ValuableHost provides. These things don't just happen as you seem to think, they don't happen to reputable hosts. They happen to pitiful hosts like VHost. You always come straight to HostEXP's defense, it makes me and, I'm sure, others wonder what you're motives are and what your connection is to his company. There is no excuse for the constant downtime.

Originally posted by Hayama-kun
Money? The very little that you spent monthly?

Look, just stop bitching and just take your business elsewhere, it's not like you lost 10,000$ by dealing with C I Host. No one said you should stay if you don't like it. I know it's just the principle, but it's not like you took a big loss by dealing with them. These things happen.
wrong! they paid money for a service they're not getting. who cares if it's not a lot? they met with their end of the contract, but the host isn't. so show me where there's no room for anger.

I have no affliation, it just makes me sick that one would not have enough judgement to just shake it off, you didn't pay much of a fee so asking for your money back is asking for pocket change. You know, you as well thought that valuablehost was one of the best just a while back. Their poor judgement when moving to a new server which lead to this mess, and I blame them for that.

Last edited:
You continue to amaze me. Why should I just walk away? If someone stole 25 dollars from you, would you just walk away? I know I'd do what it took to get it back. I don't see how this situation is any different. Did I expect those prices to cover server costs? It seemed low, but I don't know much about those costs. But, it doesn't matter what I thought. HostEXP should have thought of that when he set his prices. It's his fault and now he has to deal with it. No, I'm not just walking away from the thief.

I have no affliation, it just makes me sick that one would not have enough judgement to just shake it off, you didn't pay much of a fee so asking for your money back is asking for pocket change. You know, you as well thought that valuablehost was one of the best just a while back. Their poor judgement when moving to a new server which lead to this mess, and I blame them for that, but I blame you for not having the ability to just walk away from it all, and trying to ask for too much (i.e. How much did you actually pay them? Did you really expect that to cover server costs?). Well, you can do what you want. I can't stop you.

I have no affliation, it just makes me sick that one would not have enough judgement to just shake it off, you didn't pay much of a fee so asking for your money back is asking for pocket change. You know, you as well thought that valuablehost was one of the best just a while back. Their poor judgement when moving to a new server which lead to this mess, and I blame them for that.

the value of money is relative to each person. just because you may think something is cheap, it may not be for someone else. even so, there are many people who just hate wasting money, even if it's just a few dollars. If you aren't getting what you paid for, you might as well just toss your money in the garbage.

Originally posted by keith
wrong! they paid money for a service they're not getting. who cares if it's not a lot? they met with their end of the contract, but the host isn't. so show me where there's no room for anger.
Wow... keith is right about something and HK is out of line. Go keith.

I go to the Local Coffee Shop and order a Large Coffee first thing every morning. Cost is $1.74 including tax. If I did not get exceptional service, I am taking my .26 cents change back and they get no tip. Some times I am with my wife at night and we get two med coffees. Total including tax is $2.99. Again, if I do not get exceptional service, I want my penny back. What is exceptional service in a coffee shop? Smile, Greeting, speed and thank you. Without that, they just earn their pay check.

My point? Yes, I have one, is no matter what the price, its a matter of princible which stands higher for me.

I know HostEXP, he may be having a slump at the moment, but he is not a theif. Has anyone even asked for the money back before trashing him here? I believe he at least deserves that.

Good luck to all.

How would I go about contacting him and asking for my money back? LOL, I don't think an e-mail will do me any good. Perhaps you have his home phone number?

Originally posted by Hostified
I go to the Local Coffee Shop and order a Large Coffee first thing every morning. Cost is $1.74 including tax. If I did not get exceptional service, I am taking my .26 cents change back and they get no tip. Some times I am with my wife at night and we get two med coffees. Total including tax is $2.99. Again, if I do not get exceptional service, I want my penny back. What is exceptional service in a coffee shop? Smile, Greeting, speed and thank you. Without that, they just earn their pay check.

My point? Yes, I have one, is no matter what the price, its a matter of princible which stands higher for me.

I know HostEXP, he may be having a slump at the moment, but he is not a theif. Has anyone even asked for the money back before trashing him here? I believe he at least deserves that.

Good luck to all.

-- I'm rich...

I get sometimes amazed with these messageboards. It would seem the place to report good and bad experiences.

I know in my case every time I talk negative about a host there always seems to be certain individuals that hate it and in not so kind words tell you to shut up. I see I'm not the only one that has wondered about some peoples affiliations.

Now...in paying for a service why should anybody get ripped if its only 1¢ ??? --- and just walk away without saying ANYTHING. It would seem thats the philosophy of some in the webhosting business.....well...if customers loose its no big deal.No need to worry about small change. If my place is down 2 months..well thats normal in the hosting business,etc.etc. People should expect this and not grumble.

I have an account at valuablehost and worldzonepro. Both have seemed to change servers and as months go by nobody seems to know what is going on.

Whats getting me irked about valuablehost is whats the deal? Bulletin Board pulled.Any information recieved is rare and its usually nonsense. Whats at http://www.valuablehost.com/ today?

http://www.worldzonepro.com/ 2 server changes in a year and both disasters. Its almost a year and my renewal dues due and have yet to have a usable website there.

ooo...I had 2 prior hosts I won't bash anymore.

ooooo..I'm tired.. I guess I'm just lucky.

--but of these last 4 disasters I've spent money on just move on without a grumble?

I begin to think if a person does not know how to run a hosting business...don't???

yes..valuablehost was a good place.Maybe it still is.

:confused:

I'm so glad I left valuable host...about 3 weeks ago when the BB was pulled (I thought WTF?)...so I asked and got my money back.

I just knew the service wouldn't improve. I feel bad for everybody that stayed. The problem is the company continually "over-promised and under-delivered," which was a major source of frustration. But keep fighting to get your money back.

My new host is simply amazing! The service can't be beat. It is a bit more expensive, but in the end it is well worth it, my site has never been down since I started with them!

www.awsonline.net

Originally posted by JasonB

I just knew the service wouldn't improve. I feel bad for everybody that stayed. The problem is the company continually "over-promised and under-delivered," which was a major source of frustration. But keep fighting to get your money back.

www.awsonline.net

Don't feel bad for me...! I havnt had a single problem since the server move.

Emails been answered, sites been up, sites been fast, cgi and all that has worked, email hasnt gone down... works fine for me! :)

Hmm...

Might i add one thing to this thread, when Magic2k2 e-mailed support he was refunded a few hours later.

Ofcourse he didn't post that here...

Also Jason thats nice to say :)

Jason, so did you have to fight with support@valuablehost.com to recieve your money back?

unbelieveable...

Regards,
ValuableHost

Last edited:
Let me throw my 2 cents in on this....

About a month ago when it didn't seem like ValuableHost was going to work out for my needs, I emailed them about it and they refunded the money. No problems.

I plan on going back to them in the future when they get things sorted out.

Originally posted by Valuablehost
Hmm...

Might i add one thing to this thread, when Magic2k2 e-mailed support he was refunded a few hours later.

Ofcourse he didn't post that here...

Also Jason thats nice to say :)

Jason, so did you have to fight with support@valuablehost.com to recieve your money back?

unbelieveable...

Regards,
ValuableHost

Hey I'm not saying anything too bad about vhost. I mean there was a major problem so I asked and got my money back, which I received without issue. I'm still monitoring the company and if things continue to improve, as apparently they seem to be, I may come back to them in the future.

But much of my initial experience with the company was bad (in term of uptime and probs) but the good thing was the support. So I wish you luck...but I'm still entitled to my opinon. Cheers

Back