• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What happened to NevaCious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there

Your site has been deleted permanently from our servers because of abusing our services and causing overloads, this cost ed us a fortune.

Because of your overloads our server had serious downtime the last few days and clients on VPS004 did not have to pay there hosting or received a refund, the total cost for us was about $500 total. (this is our policy if we have downtime)

This $500 is caused by your website and should normally be charged to you...

A mail regarding this will be sent to you ASAP.

Kind Regards
Danny Depuydt
NevaCious

Last edited:
Good luck neva hope u have some real solid proff and logs to prove that his site was the reason else he might end up sueing you.
Cause i dont see in ur TOS that due to overload by some user u will terminate their account or sue them for the same unless that user had tried to hack the server , i doubt u can sue him for anything , cause simple overload could be that his sql use and number of users visting the site had increased and the server couldnt handle it , so hope u have good proof to delete his site . If not more bad days up ahead for u i suppose. Good luck Neva.

a1whs.com said:
Good luck neva hope u have some real solid proff and logs to prove that his site was the reason else he might end up sueing you.
Cause i dont see in ur TOS that due to overload by some user u will terminate their account or sue them for the same unless that user had tried to hack the server , i doubt u can sue him for anything , cause simple overload could be that his sql use and number of users visting the site had increased and the server couldnt handle it , so hope u have good proof to delete his site . If not more bad days up ahead for u i suppose. Good luck Neva.

We have more than enough log's believe me ;) otherwise we would not have deleted this client. The user did hack the server so that's more then enough to take action against him if he/she refuses to pay the loss caused by his/her actions.

The overload was not caused by his/her traffic or SQL requests etc...

Although, because this was not described in full detail in our TOS we will wait before taking action ,first we will consult our lawyer to find out what we can do.

Things seem to be heating up here.

Shouldn't the host be monitoring the server, so that the bigger damage is stopped before being done? This would have stopped such fine appearing. And I thought the reason for the outage was due to leaseweb, not a abusing client?

Hope this distressing situation resolves quick.

NevaCious said:
The user did hack the server so that's more then enough to take action against him if he/she refuses to pay the loss caused by his/her actions. The overload was not caused by his/her traffic or SQL requests etc...

Could you let us know the exact details of this hacking?

JLHost said:

Shouldn't the host be monitoring the server, so that the bigger damage is stopped before being done? This would have stopped such fine appearing. And I thought the reason for the outage was due to leaseweb, not a abusing client?

Hi

Action has been taken as soon that the overloads started ;).
But before deleting a client ,we have to find enough proof to have a valid reason for deleting his/her account.

We will not post any further details regarding these issues, they have been solved and our server VPS004 is stable again, this is the most important thing of this entire topic.

And about the outage, if you have read what I said there were problems with VPS004 and problems with our DC , they suspended services to us because of an administration problem ,we cancelled , and so did not pay for a server ,and they refused to continue the service for the servers that have been paid until we paid for the CANCELLED server...

So in fact, in 2 weeks we had more problems than we ever had before :p

The chance is very big that we won't do anything regarding this client, because our TOS was not written to prevent these kind of problems.

Kind Regards
Danny

JLHost said:

Yes i aggree , i monitor daily the activity , and have terminated 2 accounts before damage could be done cause they tried to run ircd and other scripts using some form or other exploits.

So blaming one site for whole network outage is absurd.

Oh yes neva can u send me log also . So i can take the actions u gonaa take if something silmilar is seen on my hosting ?

Last edited:
a1whs.com said:
Yes i aggree , i monitor daily the activity , and have terminated 2 accounts before damage could be done cause they tried to run ircd and other scripts using some form or other exploits.

Oh yes neva can u send me log also . So i can take the actions u gonaa take if something silmilar is seen on my hosting ?

I just want to say this : This site did NOT Cause the network outage, there has never been a network outage, please read before posting something like that, the outage of our other servers had absolutely nothing to do with this client his/her website.

BTW, these kind of problems can happen at the best hosts ,you can't always be prepared (unfortunately)

NevaCious said:
I just want to say this : This site did NOT Cause the network outage, there has never been a network outage, please read before posting something like that, the outage of our other servers had absolutely nothing to do with this client his/her website.

BTW, these kind of problems can happen at the best hosts ,you can't always be prepared (unfortunately)

So does that mean no pm will be sent with the requested log ?

NevaCious said:
I will sent the logs to as many hosts as possible, but I also have other things to do ;)

ok than go do those other things why are u posting here than ? if the problems are sovled shouldnt this be closed now ?

a1whs.com said:
ok than go do those other things why are u posting here than ? if the problems are sovled shouldnt this be closed now ?

We always had a open policy and do not want to hide the "bad" things of our company , so everyone has the right to read this and I am going to give information when people ask for it.

We always solved our problems and we are going to continue it that way, that's what made us become what we are now, every host has a problem from time to time ...

Again for our VPS004 clients, you will NOT receive a new invoice until our server has prov en to be stable for at least 30 days.

The mods are free to close this threat if they want :)
It should not be up to you to decide what I am going to do or when this threat has to be closed.

Last edited:
NevaCious said:
We always had a open policy and do not want to hide the "bad" things of our company , so everyone has the right to read this and I am going to give information when people ask for it.

Oh i think i asked for the same , but u just posted irresponisbly that u got other things to do , u just lost respect :devious2:

Somehow I don't see the irresponsibility in Danny not wasting his time spoon feeding another host simply curious with logs from his server when he got clients to take care off, a1whs.com.

It's not like showing the logs to you, or anyone else here, would change the subject matter, and little do I think you would understand anything of them or even know what to look for - or should I say, not look for.

As I know what I'm talking about my respect for the host increased when they showed zero tolerance for the abuse.

This had nothing to do with normal web hosting and databases or the amount of users viewing the server or site.

NevaCious | Terms of Use said:
Unauthorized access: Use of the Nevacious service to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of NevaCious or another entity's computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data, is expressly prohibited and the offending Nevacious account is subject to immediate termination.

I don't see how this can be any clearer.

a1whs.com said:
What? Do you think Danny have disabled logging on his servers or?...

a1whs.com said:
The administrator of VPS004 can see which users upload what files where, and which users access, run, or change files on the server.

Blaming one client for the downtime on VPS004 is based on logged events.

I feel it's out of its place to be so offensive against NevaCious when you lack the technical insight of the events taking place.

Last edited:
I guess Nevacious is for sale on WHT now. Too bad I don't have those kind of funds right now, otherwise I'd snatch it up right away!

Ciao

utcrazy said:
I guess Nevacious is for sale on WHT now. Too bad I don't have those kind of funds right now, otherwise I'd snatch it up right away!

Ciao

Baah sad so we wont be seeing nevacious here no more :cry2: :cry2:

Neither did I. The good thing with Nevacious from what I have seen on these forums is they actually care about their customers so I'm sure the transition will be smooth for them. :)

utcrazy said:

Ciao
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=462541&highlight=Nevacious

I am not sure to understand. In that post, Danny said "Since we are not very active here , more information about us can be found on www.freewebspace.net/forum because we have been active there a lot more..." So why didnt he post that sale here? He wants to start a new hosting company without any downtime? I wonder what his answer is for the last question: "Plus after the outage , have u managed to get all the customers site back online ? and is anyone deciding to leave due to the outage as it might help in deciding what offers to make."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back