• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What happened to Nayble?

No Idea...I had a reseller with them but have decided to move on now.. Over a week you say? Its been over TWO weeks. It went down on the 26th of July, and today is the 12th of August.

Even Ryan seems to have vanished, used to talk to him regularly on MSN, havent heard from him in over a week now.

If youre local Australian customer why don you give them a call? the mobile number is listed on the on whois report. I dont know how accurate it is but you can always try.

Yeah that could indeed be a good option for australian customers but unfortunately I dont think any of us here who were on nayble are Aussies. The saddest part is that ive lost a couple of my sites with all the data which I hadnt backed up, and those sites had really popular forums. :(

I understand where youre coming from. I know how frustrating it is to have your website offline especially when you havent got a backup to restore on a different host. Perhaps you could just send him a text message and found out if it his services are coming back online.

I've got about 40 free hosting accounts that are offline at the moment due to this FDC outage so Im sure there is a logical explanation as to why his hosting is down.

FDC servers have a frequency to go down periodically.

Luckily I host my servers elsewhere, and haven't had ANY downtime for the last 2 years.

As far as I can remember, when I moved to his hosting, his servers were on Virtuoso Solutions and I can hardly remember having any downtime on them.

Then he moved to www.gnax.net and thats when all the problems started. First it went down for 5 days, he cited the reason was that the agent through whom he arranged for the servers was fraud, and was pocketing all his money so they disconnected his server. So after 5 long days the server came back, and guess what, within less than 48 hours it was down again. And has not come back till date.

Why don't you people go with established hosts? Nothing is asic/abr regarding them my conclusion it was a kid trying to earn some extra money

I have decided to take the time in replying to this thead, since my post on the other thread concerning Nayble was deleted for another reason.

Firstly, Let me clear something up. Back In early july, we moved over to one of Gnax's Co-location partners. Everything seemed great, until our servers were suddenly offline. A day of investigation found that company we were buying through, had run into financial troubles and the money which was meant to go towards paying for our servers and services, was being pocketed by the owner of the company.

It took several days to organise directly via Gnax to get our servers back online. Once back online, we found hardware error after hardware error. From what we were told, the pulling of the plug from the cabinet, had resulted in a few errors in the RAID arrays and the main HDD.

Everytime we had it online, these problems that were suspose to be fixed, re-occured. Which resulted in an up and down period of a few weeks.

Let me just note, that this was not wished, nor caused by the staff or any member of Nayble. We have spent quite abit of money on new parts, labour costs, OS reinstallations, etc. We finally got a new server up and it still took days for the staff at Gnax, to get our servers and the backups from the other HDD's organised. It would take a day to three days to get something done.

Our server is now running excellent and we have not had problems since. This being almost a month now.

Why don't you people go with established hosts? Nothing is asic/abr regarding them my conclusion it was a kid trying to earn some extra money
Nayble has been around for nearly 3 years now. I think we are established enough since we have been around long enough to know how things operate. I would not call this downtime as a the single event that should mark Nayble forever. As most people would say good things about us.

Also you will notice if you asked, that the person "tnshosting" still resides on our servers. During our entire downtime.. we only lost four customers. We currently have roughly 120 customers, plus reseller customers. Its called Loyalty and for that we are forever greatful.

Also as to the quote about a kid trying to earn money, I myself am 24 years old, the rest of management vary between 20 - to our oldest member, Nick at age of 31. If you think im in this for the money, then thats a big mistake. Not once in 3 years, have I, nor any other part of management, ever withdrew any money we recieve. We simply put it back into the business. More software, better security, and a large chunk of profits, go towards helping others grow, like sponsoring sites/ free domains/software/forums etc.

The reason I am writing this, as I know its alot, but I see it is important to at least write somewhere, about our biggest reputation loss and at least try and set the record straight.

Thanks

I think it is my responsibility as a customer of Nayble to clarify things further. I have had a wonderful experience with them ever since I moved to them, the prolonged downtime was maybe a one-off incident and might never happen again.

To be honest, when I moved to WW-Host (Josh), he seemed more interested in making money, and thats why he disappeared, pocketing a month's worth of hosting.

Ever since Nayble has been back, I've had no problems whatsoever with them, and the staff has been very prompt and helpful as usual.

Cool!! Nice to hear this :) Wish the best for ur server guys :)
This willl clear the mess up :)

Dan^^

Back