• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What happened to my t35 account?

anhedonia

I'm on a boat
NLC
It's gone!
I registered it about four or five days ago, uploaded all my files, and today when I went to log in it wouldn't let me. My t35 page doesn't come up, it says my password is wrong and I can't log in to FTP. I know the password is correct. And I know my page should be coming up, so what happened?
I didn't do anything to violate their terms as far as I know! Where's my account gone? :cry2:

I also checked if the username I chose is available - it says it's taken.

What's going on? :confused:

Have you contacted T35? A lot of problems are solved when you contact them. And, I seriously know that T35 aren't run by "Inexperienced Kids". :rolleyes:

They have an automatic delete script due to them having too many members too manually monitor, so it could have messed up. As for signing up the same account name, you can't, because deleted names there are taken permanently out of service; you can sign up for a new account, but under a different name.

After a certain grace period, our auto delet function kicks in, and if you violate the TOS, your site gets removed. Those are the rules you agree to when you sign up. The rules we delete for are summarized in the first few lines.. but i'll go over it again..
1. Your site can't be mostly cgi.. we don't place ads on cgi pages because it messes with the cgi, so we ask that cgi isn't more than 95% of the bandwidth of your account. Cgi was made to help enrich your site, not to be your whole site. As long as your site is not just cgi, you should be fine.
2. Your site has to be mostly english, or bilingual, since our advertisers only pay us for hits from North America (because those are the people that will respond to their ads the way they want.. they don't need to be running commercials of a Acura RSX for Europe or Japan, since they are called by different names there..)

Other than that.. unless your site had some illegal material.. your account would not have been deleted.. I have to admit though that our auto deleter isn't flawless.. like no human code is. I am yet to have prove that it deleted an account that it shouldn't have had, but it MIGHT happen. If you believe your account was deleted by mistake, please contact me at webmaster@t35.com and I will see what I can do to restore it..

Please don't hesitate to contact me, or any of our support staff (on the t35 support message board).

Also, i personally have over 5 years of business experience, and 3 years of running free hosting sites experience. Our support staff, on average, has over 8 years of internet and web hosting related experience. We are anything but "unexperienced". We are also one of the only hosts who haven't sold out, or went out of business in the past 3 years (considering that geocities, xoom, hypermart, freeyellow and virtualave.net sold out, while thousands of others went out of business). If you have concerns over our experience or realibility please join our support boards and voice your concern.. We can only improve the service with the comments and suggestions from customers. In fact, cgi support, domain name hosting, and many other features came around based on member suggestions. The next feature to be added, due to member demand is PHP support..

Last edited:
Originally posted by amelen
We are also one of the only hosts who haven't sold out, or went out of business in the past 3 years (considering that geocities, xoom, hypermart, freeyellow and virtualave.net sold out, while thousands of others went out of business).

Notice that the hosts that have "sold out" are now either dead (Xoom) or are now charging for bandwidth over a certain amount (Hypermart, Freeyellow, Virtualave). T35 does not appear to be either one of those. Conclusion: free hosts that sell out suck!

T35 is pretty good altogether. Although they have a small file sie ze limit. They are run by experienced people, one of whom regularly posts here.

Back