• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What Edition of Windows do you run?

What edition do you use?

• Windows 95

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Windows 98

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows Me/2000

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Windows XP Home

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Windows XP Professional

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • Vista Home Basic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vista Home Premium

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Vista Business

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Vista Ultimate

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (If I forgot any, Strictly no other OS)

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters
I do run windows 3.11 which is the networked version of Windows 3.1 I just recently upgraded from Windows 1.0, I was finding too many bugs, security is key!

I do run windows 3.11 which is the networked version of Windows 3.1 I just recently upgraded from Windows 1.0, I was finding too many bugs, security is key!

There's also Windows 3.2 availible. Although my old zenith monochrome LCD Screen laptop (white, no modem, but is networkable but not via ethernet nor chains) cannot handle that one. It has a hard time with DOS 5.1

You wasted your money mate.. 3.1 has SO many bugs and is SO expensive. It'll take you ages to figure out what's where. Windows 3.1 will NEVER catch on. You're better off just going back to windows 1.0.

wow.. amazing.. i never use windows 3.11 since 10-13 years ago i think.. :D . Uhhmmm.. my version of dos was 6.22 at the moment

Paul must add win 3.x and 1.x i think :p

wow.. amazing.. i never use windows 3.11 since 10-13 years ago i think.. :D . Uhhmmm.. my version of dos was 6.22 at the moment

Paul must add win 3.x and 1.x i think :p

DOS 6.22 is a standalone DOS, you can't run it without some problems occuring in windows if I'm thinking correctly. Since Windows comes with a non-standalone DOS since Windows 2000 Home / NT.

I'd love to run Wine, but it appears that software updates cannot be obtained. Thanks Microsoft for acknowledging its existence though! :)

Last edited:
DOS 6.22 is a standalone DOS, you can't run it without some problems occuring in windows if I'm thinking correctly. Since Windows comes with a non-standalone DOS since Windows 2000 Home / NT.

I'd love to run Wine, but it appears that software updates cannot be obtained. Thanks Microsoft for acknowledging its existence though! :)

yes u right bud.. DOS 6.22 is a standalone os :)
Actually DOS 6.22 was my main os, not win 3.11. :D I must type win in dos prompt or run with automatically with autoexec.bat . It was 13 years ago, with my 486, Hardisk 42Mb, edo ram 640kb :p .

Last edited:
XP Pro and I got a 2003 server standard from my school back when I was studying surprisigly, it's still running and no expiration has occured yet.

xp Home. I'm poor. :p
Hope to get a new PC by the end of the summer so may go XP Pro or Vista

XP Home came with my newish computer. I had to look in the box of tricks to see which one it was :p

Jan,

You use XP, thought you still would be stuck on 95:evilb:

Last edited:
Jan,

You use XP, thought you still would be stuck on 95:evilb:
Why would you think that? :confused4 I upgraded to 98 in '98 and ME in 2000 (which ran very nicely thank you knockers :p, until I got the new puter)

Cool, first one in the list for vista business. Here are all of the versions i use:

Main PC: Vista Business, XP Professional, Windows Home Server
Server 1: Windows Server 2003 Enterprise
Laptop: XP Media Center Edition
Spare PC: Windows 98 SE
Spare PC 2: Windows XP Home

Got Vista Business free from microsoft, plus another copy free from school
Got XP Professional free from school
Got Server 2003 Enterprise free from school
Windows Home Server is a beta from microsoft.

The laptop will soon have vista business dual booted.

Vista Home Premium(I am actually just installing it today) I'm currently running a beta of Ultimate, but it's expired this month. I am also running XP Pro on another computer.

iyeru42 said:
It's Microsoft
It's Microsoft
It's Microsoft
That's just.... yeah

Back