• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What domain should I use?

Which domain would be better?

• projectx17.com

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • projectx-17.com

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • project-x17.com

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else? (Suggest in thread, please!)

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Toefur

Two Sheds
NLC
For a new project of mine... I need a new domain.

There are three choices.

Which one of the three sounds better?

projectx17.com
project-x17.com
projectx-17.com

Or something else?

I don't like domains with -'s in them; but I think in this case they look better than the one without.

And just so you know, the word I'm using for the domain starts with 'p' but it isn't actually project.

Can't risk anyone going off and registering it on me.

:cool:

Originally posted by Toefur
And just so you know, the word I'm using for the domain starts with 'p' but it isn't actually project.
Toefur! I am surprised :eek: Why the 17? :confused2

Thanks gang.

Stu - I am saving that one for another project of mine... :biggrin2:

Can't be too careful Jan. ;) And the 17... well... why not? :classic2:

I agree that having - can be annoying, but in this case, I like projectx-17. It just looks cooler. The only drawback with that is that you have to mention the - when you want to tell someone what your URL is.

Originally posted by Gayowulf
I totaly depents on the site. If its the kind I think it is, then any of those would do.

It's not actually. :biggrin2: ;)

Although, now you mention it... I might use one of the ones I don't decide on, for that sort of site. :classic2:

Originally posted by Blank Verse
I agree that having - can be annoying, but in this case, I like projectx-17. It just looks cooler. The only drawback with that is that you have to mention the - when you want to tell someone what your URL is.

That's what I think.

I think I might get both; and redirect the x17, to x-17.

Back