• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What does your site use?

What is your say made from?

• pure html

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • php

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • cgi

• asp

• Total voters
asp, of course
its not the most reliable out there
but the company i work for use it and so many companies out there use it too

I spit on you cheatpark. :devious2:

CGI can be PHP, I thought we went through this before...the poll should be edited to become:

HTML only
ASP
PHP
Perl
Python
JSP
CF
XML

That'll be complete. FYI, my site is pure Perl...even the images are parsed by Perl scripts. :chinese2:

PHP isn't better at everything, and as far as I'm concerned, I think it's just for people who can't stand the syntax of Perl. Look how closely related PHP is to Perl. It's a rip! :mad::p

Almost entirely Perl ("CGI" by your poll). I don't go as far as TPFKaN, though. My images are just images. It will have a PHP message board once I finish writing it, but it's only PHP because I intend to sell it and for some reason the majority of people are biased against Perl message boards.

Originally posted by Hayama-kun
PHP isn't better at everything, and as far as I'm concerned, I think it's just for people who can't stand the syntax of Perl. Look how closely related PHP is to Perl. It's a rip! :mad::p
CGI sucks....to slow and that stupid shebang line! grr

plus you can use MySQL easily with PHP

in the web enviroment, (almost) every thing is HTML.
when you use perl, php, asp or whatever, the output is HTML

Indeed, mod_perl is as fast as PHP. I think most of server use mod_perl instead of traditional cgi, right?

My site is pure PHP.

my site use, cgi - php - html . So the poll is wrong, but i voted php.
You must also set a choice php and html, all, php cgi and html...
:mad:

Originally posted by Dusty
Almost entirely Perl ("CGI" by your poll). I don't go as far as TPFKaN, though. My images are just images. It will have a PHP message board once I finish writing it, but it's only PHP because I intend to sell it and for some reason the majority of people are biased against Perl message boards.

U too weak and give in like that? You sux0r TPCKaD. U can write ur own script ya know? :chinese2:

CGI sucks....to slow and that stupid shebang line! grr
This kind of CGI script sucks:
#!/usr/bin/php

plus you can use MySQL easily with PHP

It's not that hard with Perl either, what are you complaining about? :confused2

Bah, Perl isnt that hard, its like PHP

Which is like Perl, which came before PHP. :p

Last edited:
I'm not talking about speed. If it were speed, Perl and PHP are relatively the same, if you're running accelerators for both languages. I'm talking power. Can PHP, in its native form [PHP-GTK doesn't count], do object-oriented programming like Perl/C/C++? :devious2:

Back