• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What does your desktop look like

Hmm...762 new messages? Damn Hotmail and it's spam! That inpired me to check my Hotmail for the first time in a couple weeks. Only 365 new. I'm not gonna bother dleting it...it's pretty sad though: 50% of the spammers email addresses(the address it SAYS it's from) are hotmail.com addresses. But what worry's me is that my new other account is getting 2 or 3 spams a day. I realize that's not bad, but in a couple weeks it'll be 20-30, then the next month 200-300...I better be a bit more careful when I send my address in without reading if they will spam me or not. I've decided to dedicate one email address to signing up for things, and such. Damn the internet and all it's shameless advertising.

Oh, and if you really want, here is a capture of my desktop. Could care less about customizing it much though, there is always a windowo pen over top of it. As long as it has a cool background...

http://3dflux.datablocks.net/capture.jpg

[Edited by Canuckkev on 02-10-2001 at 12:38 AM]

Yeah, same here. It's even worse than nbci, it still won't work even if you open up a new window.

If I can find it I will post my screen capture of when I have over 1100 new e-mails, they just recitly deleted a bunch. :)

My desktop says : Active Desktop Recovery

And underneath it says a buncha junk about nothing important.
i also have 61 icons, most of them useless.

I dont bother with a background because IE always performs an "illegal operation", which replaces my BG with the active desktop recovery one.

How do you take a picture of your desktop anyways?

i wish i could get my desktop to work, i keep on trying to add a new toolbar but when i do it give me a illegal op, and i ahve restarted and everything, no luck =\

Originally posted by Gayowulf
My desktop says : Active Desktop Recovery

And underneath it says a buncha junk about nothing important.
i also have 61 icons, most of them useless.

I dont bother with a background because IE always performs an "illegal operation", which replaces my BG with the active desktop recovery one.
Ok, your computer has a serious problem. I recommend reformatting and starting from scratch.

no, reformatting woud not be fun. id have to back it all up. id rather just put up with it, or get a new hard drive, or a new computer.

speaking of reformat, about 7 or 8 years ago i was using dos and i thought "i wonder if del *.* does what i think it does.

It did. luckily the HDD was only 16mb

at one time my computer was so messed up if you did combination of things you always go the same error. For example if I had opera and outlook open and conneting at the same time, as soon as I got connected it would restart my computer. And if I tried to run ie with winamp open I would get 3 illegal operations and winamp would change its skin. It was all messed up.

Back