• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What do you want?

Zombie

You're not safe.
NLC
NLC
Well, I'm sure this is a frequent question but I intend to start another free host, one I'll be entirely dedicated to.

I have learned many things in the free host department but I want to hear from others and potential users their opinions.

Something I want to know most is, would you prefer someone laid out a plan for you to follow (plan 1, plan 2) or a completely custom one tailored to what you want with a decent cost.

Well, I'm sure this is a frequent question but I intend to start another free host, one I'll be entirely dedicated to.

I have learned many things in the free host department but I want to hear from others and potential users their opinions.

Something I want to know most is, would you prefer someone laid out a plan for you to follow (plan 1, plan 2) or a completely custom one tailored to what you want with a decent cost.

Definitely lay out some basic plans so people know what range you're looking at offering. Then definitely expect to move things around. I have been promoting free plans of 1GB / Cpanel / No ads on User-Page / No Posts / With Linkback as a really solid 2nd level plan. Ads on sign in pages are mostly okay, (stay with good ads), try to let the linkback be flexible.

But my thematic advice is - get enough resources in place first so that you can stay put. A lot of the newcomers here cut it really tight so they risk one good splash sending them into the water. Easy rule of thumb is if you can't commit to at least a Year and a Day (to be cute) then don't open it at all.

Last edited:
Definitely lay out some basic plans so people know what range you're looking at offering. Then definitely expect to move things around. I have been promoting free plans of 1GB / Cpanel / No ads on User-Page / No Posts / With Linkback as a really solid 2nd level plan. Ads on sign in pages are mostly okay, (stay with good ads), try to let the linkback be flexible.

But my thematic advice is - get enough resources in place first so that you can stay put. A lot of the newcomers here cut it really tight so they risk one good splash sending them into the water. Easy rule of thumb is if you can't commit to at least a Year and a Day (to be cute) then don't open it at all.

Well I wrote a billing system that it will use and displays something like this per the users requested resources, prices adjustable but this is the default price setup I'm using.
Space: 150mb (8 posts)
Bandwidth: 2048mb (41 posts)
MySQL DB: 10 (1 posts)
Email Accounts: 10 (3 posts)
FTP Accounts: 10 (1 posts)
Email lists: 10 (1 posts)
Subdomains: 10 (2 posts)
Addon Domains: 10 (3 posts)
Type: Shared (15 posts)

Final Cost: 75 posts

Sounds reasonable? The bandwidth cost needs adjusted a bit downward but this is to instill the idea that you don't need more than you want, I intend to create a relaxed atmosphere on the forums to attract users, plus I have another plan to use with it sometime or maybe at release.

But yea there will also be coupons galore for like 5 or 10% off posts and I may release the 25-50% off once or twice, so generally the users will always like discounts hence the possible many 5 posts or 10% offs.

Idk

Well, if I am you, I would minimize the post requirement. You need to think that there are many other hosters who are willing to host websites for free for very less number of posts.
Just my thoughs. :D

Back