• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What do you want to see in free hosting services?

serverhub

I'm interested in hearing your perspective in what you believe would make a good free hosting service? Is there certain features you'd like to see implemented? Is there certain specifications? I only ask this because we are interesting in giving back to hosting industry by providing free hosting and would like to know what free hosters would love in to see free hosting companies provide.

There is nothing in free hosting that hasn't already been done. There are no magical features or specifications that haven't been done already in the industry. Most people just want uptime and a host hat isn't going to disappear after a few months.

There is nothing in free hosting that hasn't already been done. There are no magical features or specifications that haven't been done already in the industry. Most people just want uptime and a host hat isn't going to disappear after a few months.

+1 on that.

I think that the reliability is the main issue for any free host, so a free host must also offer paid packages or some other way to sustain it self for longer period and provide a true quality services to its clients

Yeah id agree with that there seem to be a lot of freehosts particularly resellers that pop up and then disapear quite quickly, you want a host with their own servers to ensure continuity.

Also, there is a balance between security and features for freehosts as the more features available ie. offering perl/cgi opens more doors to abuse etc. Freehosts that offer a wide range of features and services 'might' not be as secure as youd like.

Never used the free hosting services so far because I am afraid that it will let my website not indexed by Google or it will have bad performance.

I think a better uptime would be nicer for free web hosting. If you are going to provide free web hosting, at least have a decency of managing it good and correctly.

I personally don't go with free hosting provider, although there are many free hosting provider but all are useless and dangerous. Instead of free hosting go with shared hosting provider. It is cheap and reliable.

Good thread to start, I am actively reading through this as I always ask the same question myself, as a free host.

Back