• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What do you think?

Interesting. They are the first I've seen to be charging for CPU usage. We have that capability, I should look into that. It could defitly allow for some lowered costs elswhere :)

Other than that, it's not much different than one of our custom plans. I think this type will start to become more common as software developers improve on their programming for hosts. Our system charges a card each time a user reaches $10...they charge daily. I wonder if they even cover their merchant charges doing that...I mean, some people wont use but maybe 0.10$ per day under their plans :confused: Unique way though, charging daily..

User's account works like telephone card in our system.
User can put any amount on his account by any way (PayPal, Wire Transfer, Credit Card) and we'll charge his account(not his Credit Card) daily.

How does the user know he/she has used a certain amount of cpu usage etc. Also I think this method will only be good for small sites.

Just see it on his stats page ;)

Why for small sites only? Most of usual web-hosting plans have very high price on bandwidth overusage and we offer solution for this problem. Also 1000 sec of CPU time is free with each GB of datatransfer, so user will pay for CPU usage only if each page of his site will be generated by script with many calulations, SQL requests, etc. and it will be very small amount anyway.

The concept won't work for large sites because bandwidth buying en masse is much cheaper than buying by the Gig. Like with some companies such as tera-byte, you get 20GB for 9.25/month. So for large bandwidth sites, this tactic won't work well.

Originally posted by Archbob
The concept won't work for large sites because bandwidth buying en masse is much cheaper than buying by the Gig. Like with some companies such as tera-byte, you get 20GB for 9.25/month. So for large bandwidth sites, this tactic won't work well.

You mean buying bandwidth cap in Kbps or Mbps? Yeah it can be more cheaper than buying data transfer but it's not so scaleable.
So you need to have some unused bandwidth to get your site works properly and as result prices will not be so good.
If you are talking about prepaying for fixed amount of data transfer monthly, I think that it's not cheaper too because you may have some unused data transfer limit or overusage and will be charged at high rate for this overusage...

Not really some hosts charge very little for overusage. If a site uses 50gig a month, and you buy it in bulk the host can usually offer a heavily discounted rate as we would.

Originally posted by Myacen Network
Not really some hosts charge very little for overusage. If a site uses 50gig a month, and you buy it in bulk the host can usually offer a heavily discounted rate as we would.

Yeah but it's not all hosts. So I think that "pay what use use" is good solution for any sites, small or very big....
For example...You you'll offer if user need for example 10 000 GB/mo ?

If they're using 10000 GB a month, they obviously should not be on shared hosting. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Hayama-kun
If they're using 10000 GB a month, they obviously should not be on shared hosting. :rolleyes:

Users with 10000 GB / mo should be on our cluster-based hosting and have no problem with uptime, security, etc....

Yes, but by that time the site is big enough such that the cashflow is enough to buy dedicated servers-servers in which THEY have the power to change whatever they want to as by their preferences, and it will not affect other users on the system...because they are the only ones on it! If you offered dedicated servers or colocated, then this idea would work very well. Charge intially for the server, then charge for whatever the people use.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Hayama-kun
Yes, but by that time the site is big enough such that the cashflow is enough to buy dedicated servers-servers in which THEY have the power to change whatever they want to as by their preferences, and it will not affect other users on the system...because they are the only ones on it! If you offered dedicated servers, then this idea would work very well.

To get 100% uptime on dedicated/colocated servers/system user have to invest a lot of money in staff, at least 2 servers, fault-tolerant external storage, etc...
It not cost-effective to build cluster for each user.
We offer solution to avoid of this problems by using our cluster-based hosting. And if user will still need to do something like OS-specific interface to connect remote offices stock databases, etc. he can place dedicated server in our network and have 100% uptime for his site, main database and only his interface will be on his dedicated server without 100% uptime guarantee.

Back