• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What do you think there is a host like this?

100 TB space and 10000TB BW will not make it die but the 250kb file size will keep it alive. Think how much you can consume with 250kb files

I am tempted to join just so i can upload my 700GB worth of MD5 tables in 250k chunks.

Then we could see how long you can handle the traffic and space ;) lets see if I can even get to 10GBs. Lol

I am tempted to join just so i can upload my 700GB worth of MD5 tables in 250k chunks.

Splitting files wold be an interesting way around it of course.

Are you sure that the file size was not just a cpanel limit? Often hosts have a low cpanel upload limit due to server load but don't care about ftp size.

These type of hosts can continue to advertise but should say the filesize limit in their post. In fact it would probably be useful if we had a template so that the hosts were showing everything that they are offering.

Example of a template to offer

Name of host:
Space:
Bandwidth:
Max File Size:
Control Panel:
Link to ToS:
Are ads or posting required? y/n, explain:
---
Host description free here.
--

See

Example of a template to offer

Name of host:
Space:
Bandwidth:
Max File Size:
Control Panel:
Link to ToS:
Are ads or posting required? y/n, explain:
---

Nice idea, though some entries could be added I think.

Name of host:
How long has it been running:
Space:
Bandwidth:
Max File Size:
Allowed or forbidden filetypes? y/n, which:
Control Panel:
General public content only? y/n, explain:
Are ads, posting or some other compensation required? y/n, explain:
---
Link to main page:
Link to sign-up page:
Link to ToS:
---

Last edited:
The template should definately be added and mandatory, because a lot of free hosting offers do not include important information and you therefore waste a lot of time on ones that won't work for you

He knows what he's doing. With a file size limit like that, no one could ever really come close to using all of those specs. I have to admire his business sense. :)

Definately not possible, but then if you can't upload large files who could possibly use that much space ;)
A lot of the pay for hosting providers are this way also, they offer huge amounts of space and bandwidth just to outsell the little guys. Some of these hosts offer Tb of bandwidth, and no single server could support that much data transfer.

Back