• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What do you think about pop-ups ??

megapuzik

Well, I got an advertsing offer in my site (I need money..) and the advertise is pop-up in every page...
is it really that bad ??
I really need your opinion, THANX !!

One popup is okay, but if your viewers get one on every page they will soon leave and never come back.

No visitors, no money for you! :cry2:

They are better than pop-unders or afters (*shudder*). Small ones are OK I guess. But I must confess that I often go away from pop-up sites if they doesn't have something that _really_ interest me. At least I don't browse many pages.

Originally posted by meow
They are better than pop-unders or afters (*shudder*). Small ones are OK I guess. But I must confess that I often go away from pop-up sites if they doesn't have something that _really_ interest me. At least I don't browse many pages.
THANX....

I usually stay away from those popups sites, unless the site has really good content that interests me, and those popups slow down/hang my powerfulll P166 PC.. I will go away if popups show adult stuff...

:D

A well placed banner is much much better than any type of ad. (I think), A pop-up on every page is unacceptable...

but...

How much $$$ will you get?!

Originally posted by Avenger
A well placed banner is much much better than any type of ad. (I think), A pop-up on every page is unacceptable...

but...

How much $$$ will you get?!

Well, 8 cents per pop up.....:cool:
But I really hate pop up also, so if its going to be on every page, I will not accept the offer....

I don't know anything about ads. Here's something I've wondered about. Why do pop-ups pay better?

I NEVER click on a pop-up. I occationally (not often but...) click on a banner. No one I know cklick on pop-ups! A lot of people use pop-up killers. Again and again it has been proven that text links get the best click through. It doesn't add up! :confused2

I'm not tellin'. I'm asking. It isn't logical - the advertising business used to be about end result. :confused2

Originally posted by megapuzik
Well, 8 cents per pop up.....:cool:
I would love to know who pays 8 cents per popup! I think that is virtually impossible in this day and age.

Some people are pushing to get 50 cents per thousand. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Jan

I would love to know who pays 8 cents per popup! I think that is virtually impossible in this day and age.

Some people are pushing to get 50 cents per thousand. :rolleyes:
Ita unique pop-up.....

Back