• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

what do you say about theplanet

diwaker

Hello

Here is the link https://forums.theplanet.com/viewtopic.php?t=21033&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 please open this and read
i have a old reseller account with this company from last 2 years few months ago i purchased a windows server and a linux vps and move my all accounts already 3 month ago i just leave few domains in that reseller panel bcoz it is going to expire on september 2007 but thanks to god i only have 10-12 domain hosted in that reseller panel i already started move my important domains to my uk based windows server and linux accounts to silvio's vps 3 month ago but i m feeling like ......what to say to my those 10-12 small sites clients which are hosted on that server in 10-12 clients i have 1month old backup of 7 sites but still i have to face 5 clients.
but still thinking about how a datacentre can cancel the server of a webhosting company without any notice what u people says about this.

i m just thinking about the condition of those peoples who have 100 or more domain hosted in that company reseller account its horrible and the worst is the condition that this company do not have offsite backups.
i know the owner of this company personally and he is a good man.
i don't know who is responsible for reseller website data but i think this is not good that data centre cancel the all hosted server's of any hosting company without warning.
this company have morethan 5000 domain hosted in their theplanet servers but datacentre cancel all servers without warning if someone spam then they also can suspend the server who is responsible to spam but they suspend the all servers of this company.
i know lots of designers who have hosted more than 300 domains in this company servers and also do not have databackup or sql dumps of ecommerce websites.

what u say who's fault is this the DATACENTRE or WEBHOSTING COMPANY

In my opinion it's web-hosting company fault. But probably it is necessary to understand more in detail..

It is the hosts's fault because the datacenter has no obligation to inform the webhost of cancellation or suspension; it should be in the host's Terms of Service. In addition, the host should always have a recent backup of the server, so that the host can quickly switch, even if at least temporarily, to a server with another company.

The Planet is an amazing data center, and anymore who says otherwise is wrongly misinformed.

I used them a lot in the past and never had any problems with them. Some of the employees even knew me so well they gave me their direct phone numbers if i had problems and they hooked me up with good prices.

My friend has a dedicated server from them for FREE for years now. He has a forum based non profit site. I think they are decent. His server goes slow sometimes but maybe that's from the site's use. If anyone is going to decide whether or not to get a service from them, CHECK BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY!

Back