• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

what do you look for?

hostaddonltd

What do you look for in Shared Hosting and why?
I basically look at the limits and if its worth the price. I also make sure that they wont charge on features that are suppose to be free.

Reliability, Space, Bandwidth, Reputation, Response time to sales questions, Reviews, Price.

If I can tell that a host is overselling I will never host with them!

There are no real unlimited hosting , every hosting have their limit if not your share hosting will face down cause of other selfish neighbor over use.

For me ,
I will look for the real 100 % uptime , professional technical support, friendly customer support and reasonable price.

Having a big web portfolio myself, for me the most important aspects are:
- bandwidth limits
- reliability/uptime
- security
- 24 hour support
- NO yearly contracts. (You usually get these when you apply for the cheap prices per month, once the service goes bad you're stuck until your contract is done or you pay it out. It's not worth the time, go for a good pay by the month plan)

Hope this helps you!

I agree with all the important bits like space, bandwidth, up time, security and fast turn around in support. However I'd also need trust and good communication. Nothing impresses me more when the owner responds himself with friendly, yet firm and complete information that shows that he understands what I need to know, how it can be sorted out or not sorted out. In a very short e-mail/PM, well written, to the point with no embellishments.

There are no real unlimited hosting , every hosting have their limit if not your share hosting will face down cause of other selfish neighbor over use.

For me ,
I will look for the real 100 % uptime , professional technical support, friendly customer support and reasonable price.

You say fully 100% uptime on shared hosting huh?
It seems like the rumors about Exabytes did not patch the servers and upgrade the kernel is true.
There are 99.9% uptime, and only cloud hosting can do 100% uptime, and it is expensive.

There are 99.9% uptime, and only cloud hosting can do 100% uptime, and it is expensive.

I wouldn't really accept that either. The technique like NAS (Used in most of the cloud) isn't 100% uptime proof yet. Theoretically yes, practically, no. But yes, there are higher possibility you would get better uptime with Cloud, but a guaranteed 100%? No.

I run a few websites, so what I was looking for at the time:
- Customer service
- Support whether it's reasonable or 24/7
- Yearly contracts I didn't mind too much, as it's for a peace of mind that you can get the payments done and out of the way
- Uptime and reliability
- Also as I target my portfolio and websites to mostly Australians I wanted to look for something that has a relatively quick response time to Australia shores even if the hosting is off shore if that makes sense.

I’m into to the speed, space and the price of course, since I was just starting in this field. I need something that is worth the price and has a quality service so I check their background first to know their reputation.

As suggested by "storminternet", it is highly essential to look for maximum server uptime, reliable solutions and friendly support as these are important for any online business to survive.

Back