• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

what bulletin board is the fastest

Weapon

NLC
NLC
I was just wondering what of the few bulletin boards out there is the fastest to use of your site, most reliable etc..

Well..

I also use Ikonboard, since I can not find the diference in using a PHP script. I find the speed to be quite unnoticable, but then again I am not that observant.

you really need to look at it on a slow connection to notice a big diff. so i have noticed phpBB is faster

Originally posted by Epgs
you really need to look at it on a slow connection to notice a big diff. so i have noticed phpBB is faster

Speed differences are more noticable on faster connections, not slower. With a faster connection you see the true speed differences -> the time it takes the server to load the pages.

-mk

That's not true. If you have a fast connection, everything will load real quickly and you won't really be able to tell.

But with a slow connection, everything loads slowly for you. Therefore, it's easier to tell which forum is fast and/or slow.

If you're willing to fork over 160$, there is no better/faster board at the moment than vBulletin ( http://www.vbulletin.com ). That's something even the people at phpBB agree on. Version 2.0 is comming up and looking very promising.

If you want a free one, I strongly recommend phpBB which has great potential and a friendly group of coders (it's open source).

phorum would be nicest on bandwidth. possibly on speed also, but it simply isn't as pretty as phpBB, clearly ;)

i am using blazeboard right now, i love it, i like it way more than i liked ikonboard for some reason...

OH my god...blazeboard.....very good indeed.....
But back to the question...
FOR THE BEST ( THE BEST ) board it has to be vbulltine. And version 2 of it would just rule..but you might be put off by the price tag....

If you want a free one. Then my suggestion is ikonboard. Ok, yes may be others board such as blazeboard is going to be good. But ikonboard 3.0 is going to be so good and of course - FREE!!!
Ikonboard is asy to set up on non windows hosted server. You might have slight problem on windows onw. Bu the support fourms over there is always a quick place to ask.

i am currently taking a deeper look over blazeboard, may be it has the potential to bit ikonboard ^_^

what is the url of blazeboard.
is it hosted forum or yopu can build yourself.
i didnt find download section.
and is it product of mycool?
thanks.

bbhacks.com is the blazeboard site...blazeboard.com will be doing hosting for the bulletin boards this summer...by the way, jwdirect is part of mycool and we plan to converge all of our services together with a few new ones this summer...so you have something to look forward to.

Back