• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What are you ppl looking for in a Web Host?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clawz.com

Ok, I'm starting up my Clawz.com, fully redesigned and rescripted.

I need help now, what features are you people looking for in a host?
The Banner thing is a must, can't do anything about it, not unless I go out of business.

We understand that you must have banners. But please do not make them popups, as they are annoying and closed before anyone ever looks at them. Therefore, making advertising ineffective. Try using user-placable banners, not only is this advertising not as annoying, it makes you get more signups as user-placable banners are almost as good as no banners at all.

Many people in these forums would love to see FTP access because it is probably the most effective method of uploading files. SSI or PHP would be a nice feature as many sites nowadays use includes so they could manage the site better. CGI is also something that can be offered if your server can handle it. PHP/MySQL is a last consideration, although many people want it, the above features are more commonly asked for.

And finally, please don't offer very little space or bandwidth. About 15 megs of space or more should suffice for most sites. You could also offer a program in which you could start off with 10 megs of space and "upgrade" to more space when needed.

Just my two cents :)

Don't worry, the banner ain't a popup, it gets annoying
mine is a banner at the bottom of every page, adds it automatically

yea, my gives the user Full FTP Access to their Home Directory

I support PHP, SSI and CGI

mySQL, will do soon, but I still need to learn how to implement it.

Mine offers Unlimited Traffic and Unlimited Web Space.

Mine support Subdomain and Domain hosting with no charges, except if u want to remove the banner I put on every page.

Both of em have a online admin page, so u can sign up to 3 subdomains under clawz.com and unlimited subdomains if u use ur domain.

right now, all ip routing, subdomain and domain hosting has unlimited email forwarding in em.

Don't offer any "Unlimited" space/bandwidth . You'll get screwed with people storing downloads and such on it. But the banners at the bottom is a good idea. And that would work for some frames too, cause without scrolling on in the frame, it wouldn't mess up the frame, and the main frame will still have a banner.

About the people abusing the unlimited space stuff, my web hosting is based on a general account, like a one time registration to access the services.
and me and fellow helpers of Clawz.com review all the applications to see if all the information is legit, if it isn't legit, their account will just get denied.

Some the people that will try to abuse it will get discouraged from the 1st step registration.

hopefully...

hopefully, there won't be any additional text ads/ads bar like virtualave/hypermart around the banner. just a clean banner only would be nice.

emu sites? what u mean by that?

the banners are just a 468*60 banner with a little text underneath, nothing more

one question. why do you require so much personal information, and how do you verify it? you mention name adress phone number, and "other important stuff". whats this other important stuff? Just a question.

I really like your site. looks cool and is easy to read. and it sounds friendly.

I also like the fact that it is out of vancouver, Canada.

Good luck to you.

I require those information so that I know the people that I let in to use the services aren't going to abuse it, hopefully.

There's a online admin part of the user verfication, so it's easy for me and some other friends to verify user accounts.

Only reason why I put this in, is to try to stop as many ppl that will abuse my service.

So if you don't put in all the information that I request or correct, expect a deny mail from me. =)

I like that idea. I think it will work. will that mean the sign up will take a couple hours to be processed? its not a big deal, but if it will take time mention it on your site. that way people will not think something is wrong when they cant acess it right away

On the top of the Sign Up it says that All Applications must be review by the Administrations.

Plus, I'm doing some finishing touches on the Domain Hosting Service.

Last time wasn't my fault, lame ass ISP treaten me.
But when I get enuff money to maintain a T1 connection, I'll go for it.
Plus, this time I got 2 business partners to fund me.

What sort of connection are you runing off? if its not real fast the unlimited bandwidth could be a problem.

Limited traffic is that hits or bandwidth?

This Clawz.com was started on June 2000
Connection speed right now, Cable Modem
ain't that good, but one of my partner is gonna be making a mirror server of Clawz.com, just to split up the load.

Hosting

hey, Clawz.com,
Can i get my domain hosted by you? Your domain plan is like the best one i have seen in ages! post a reply to my message :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back