• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What Android Phone + Plan Would YOU choose?

DarkBlood

NLC
NLC
Out of these:

• Verizon: 99.98 USD/mo for Unlimited Voice / Web. (Droid X << Large Screen (4+ Inch))
  • Sprint: 109.99 USD/mo (99.99 USD/mo + 10.00 USD/mo for HTC EVO Phone << Large Screen (4+ Inch)) for Unlimited Everything
    • Sprint Choice 2: 99.99 USD/mo Unlimited Everything (Droid htc hero only (3.2 inch))
  • T-Mobile: 99.99 USD/mo Unlimited Everything (Motorola DEFY - 3.7 inch)

Note: If I could, I'd remove text from T-Mobile, which would save me 10 USD/mo, making it the best deal, but I don't know if I can do as such.

Also Note: I must be able to pay in person or via recharge card; T-Mobile has no in-person stores in the Madison, WI area, unless other stores can take cash payments? (Please tell.)

if you have any other suggestions on smartphones (NOT Windows), please tell me. :p (Not really into slide-out keyboards. So bigger screen = better for touch-screen keyboard.)

the verizon ones seems not bad, if you don't sms much.

Plus, the coverage map for Verizon is more... *ahem* there:

g17Sx.png

it's probably better if I don't SMS / text, because why text, when I can get updates on REAL WEBSITES using the data plan? lol.

Last edited:
Verizon does a pretty good job of negotiating things that are designed to screw over people who are not on Verizon. So while I personally like to boycott them as a result (seeing as you can't even GET Verizon in Canada and yet they still are able to put the wood to us), it's probably one of those things where it's better to be a member.

Verizon does a pretty good job of negotiating things that are designed to screw over people who are not on Verizon. So while I personally like to boycott them as a result (seeing as you can't even GET Verizon in Canada and yet they still are able to put the wood to us), it's probably one of those things where it's better to be a member.

Yeah, kind of figured that between "Unlimited" plans, Verizon would probably take the cake with coverage. T-Mobile's coverage map is laughable, and both Virgin and Boost can trash it.

Plus, my actual out-of-spending per month for that plan is 74.99:

99.98 - 14.99 (Removal of Cable Landline) - 10 (Bump down to 1 MB/sec Cable Internet) = 74.99

not to mention the possible minor savings that would incur by not having the phone cable modem, answering machine and phone taking up power from outlets, IE: 3 USD/mo or so?

it would be better to go with Verizon on this one: Best Coverage, Value After Reductions, Android, 4 Inch Screen, Wi-Fi (If no coverage), and more. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
A couple of points:

1. Sprint coverage is a moot point - Sprint roams on Verizon now, up to 350 (iirc) voice minutes per month
2. I just ditched the Evo today in favor of iPhone 4 - even with AT&T's horrendous data transfer limits. I guess that can speak for itself.

I am on Verizon with a Droid Incredible. I have a family plan between myself and 3 other people that offers 1400 anytime minutes, unlimited texting all around and unlimited data. I pay around $260 per month for the plan. All four of us end up paying around $65 a piece. In addition we have 10 friends and family that we can put in the numbers that get called most often. We never come anywhere close to hitting the 1400 because most of our calling is done on the nights and weekends anyway. The unlimited data is great because I use my phone to tether while I am at work.

I am on Verizon with a Droid Incredible. I have a family plan between myself and 3 other people that offers 1400 anytime minutes, unlimited texting all around and unlimited data. I pay around $260 per month for the plan. All four of us end up paying around $65 a piece. In addition we have 10 friends and family that we can put in the numbers that get called most often. We never come anywhere close to hitting the 1400 because most of our calling is done on the nights and weekends anyway. The unlimited data is great because I use my phone to tether while I am at work.

Yes, I'm kind of leaning toward the 900 Minute plan actually; I don't use my phone at home for voice all that much, I get more incoming calls than outgoing; but when I do outgoing, often it's more than 3~5 minutes or so worth each time (about every week, at least thrice.)

Which, if I go around the maximum time I usually spend per call: (10 * 3) * 4.3333 = 126 or so Minutes a month

I could probably get by with 450 minutes.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm kind of leaning toward the 900 Minute plan actually; I don't use my phone at home for voice all that much, I get more incoming calls than outgoing; but when I do outgoing, often it's more than 3~5 minutes or so worth each time (about every week, at least thrice.)

Which, if I go around the maximum time I usually spend per call: (10 * 3) * 4.3333 = 126 or so Minutes a month

I could probably get by with 450 minutes.

You do realize incoming calls count against your minute basket, right?

Check into the coverage area. I recently took a trip to South Carolina from Northern Indiana. Most of the way down there I had 3G with Verizon, even in remote areas. A friend of mine has Sprint and his signal was in and out the entire trip.

Why are you only looking at Unlimited Everything? Do you really think you'll be using that many minutes/texts a month?

It's a lot better to pay $60/month for something with 300 minutes / 1000 texts and pay a $10 surcharge on the one month you happen to go a bit over, rather than $100/month. Just makes sense.

If you're on welfare, shouldn't you reconsider a $100+ per month cell phone bill?

I don't exactly like the idea that my taxes are paying for a top-of-the-line phone for someone that refuses to work.

You're overlooking Sprint's 69.99 plans.

69.99= 450 mins to landline #'s, unlimited everything else.

I had this plan for a while, then upgraded to the family plan version when I added a line. I actually switched from Verizon because they were completely unwilling to help me when I was in a bad situation. Even when I canceled my contract... You always hear stories of how the company will offer you anything you want to stay with them... Not with Verizon. They told me if I came back within 60 days they'd waive the Activation Fee.

Anyway, Heres what you'd be looking at.
69.99 plan + 10.00 EVO fee + 7 Insurance = 90.54 per month
It would change of course for you since I live in California where cell taxes are pretty crazy, and because I have insurance which I recommend 200% after dropping my EVO in a fish tank (luckily it survived after a few days in a rice bowl, but the peace of mind was always there)

If you're on welfare, shouldn't you reconsider a $100+ per month cell phone bill?

I don't exactly like the idea that my taxes are paying for a top-of-the-line phone for someone that refuses to work.

Not only that, but you need a credit card to enter into the contract to get a phone at those free/low prices. I like that people can not work and get fancy phones that the rest of us have to work for. From what I've read of the welfare system here, it barely covers rent. Maybe a hint at why the U.S. economy is so ----ed up?

Back