• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What Ad companies do you suggest using?

anhedonia

I'm on a boat
NLC
Hi guys, just wondering if you had any recommendations on the best ad companies to use. By "best", I basically mean, the most trustworthy/reliable. I've heard from a bunch of people that Google AdSense is incredibly strict and often deletes/suspends accounts that can't work out why they've been suspended (and then have difficulties hearing back from Google).

As to why I'm slightly concerned about Google's TOS - the site in question would be a gaming site. It's not going to offer any pirated games or anything like that, but it would include some pictures (e.g. a picture of a character from a featured game or some such).

Interested in small banners/buttons, text ads etc. Have not decided between pay-per-click or pay-per-view, any recommendations RE: this would be awesome too :).

The site will probably be done via a Wordpress blog.

P.S. Forgot to add, one of the things I will be doing on the site is probably including a little blurb in a couple of places that says something like, "Did this help you out? Buy me a cup of coffee by clicking the link below!"
NOT clicking won't restrict the visitor at all, it will merely be like a "hey, if you liked this, and wouldn't mind helping me out, feel free to click here" and if they choose not to, not a problem :).

Last edited:
P.S. Forgot to add, one of the things I will be doing on the site is probably including a little blurb in a couple of places that says something like, "Did this help you out? Buy me a cup of coffee by clicking the link below!"
NOT clicking won't restrict the visitor at all, it will merely be like a "hey, if you liked this, and wouldn't mind helping me out, feel free to click here" and if they choose not to, not a problem :).

Most pay per click ad networks would not like that

Well, it may pain me to admit this, but I'm possibly a noob. I think the things I saw were Paypal donations or some such. Haha.

Thanks guys, :).

I have been happy with adsense for a few years now :) It takes a while to make your first $100 at first if you are light on traffic.

As an advertiser on Adsense, I can tell you that a decent amount of time is spent reviewing sites that send traffic to me. I have to assume that other advertisers do this as well, and this likely means you are just as likely to be reported by an advertiser for begging for clicks as you are Google, especially if you are sending traffic to keywords worth a lot!

I've found AdBrite is making more money in the past two weeks than Google AdSense made in 8 months of use.

Though a part of that is the steadily increasing traffic, the overall payout per volume of traffic is higher.

The way mine is set up is if they can't match the eCPM from google AdSense with actual CPM ads, it defaults out to display AdSense. If AdBrite can beat Google's rate, then it displays AdBrite ads.

You can really earn a good profit with adsense program. A friend of mine earns 10$+ a day. His website does not include anything but a few images and few links to movies.

You can really earn a good profit with adsense program. A friend of mine earns 10$+ a day. His website does not include anything but a few images and few links to movies.

My best adsense day was $55, must have had a few really good clicks. Normal days were $15-$25

Im currently with Google Adsense but if you are having a hard time in getting accepted then try bidvertiser first. At least you have some back-up if your application fails.

Back