• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What about the advice regarding web development?

Jordan23

I am searching for advice! What should I do if I have an online store on Magento 1? But the support for Magento 1 will end in June 2020.
So what do you think will be better to do: to migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2, or to another platform? Or to stay on Magento 1?

I have been working with Magento for 5 years, so I can only advise you one thing: if your business is going to grow and grow bigger then you should go to Magento 2, if not then go to another platform, that is cheaper.
So choose the best option for you! I can recommend reading this guide, which will make maybe the process of migration clearer for you and will help you to make the right choice in this issue, https://elogic.co/blog/magento-1-to-magento-2-migration-guide/.

There is essentially two primary language areas in web development:
  1. Client side: html5, css3, and javascript… this is basically what a webpage contains
  2. Server side… just about everything else but let's say: PHP, SQL, Python, XML, Perl… whatever… this is where important but secret decisions are made (where your user shouldn't be remotely able to understand HOW your programming works).
Here is my recommended order of study:
  1. HTML5 and start to learn Linux server administration by doing it (don't waste time with Microsoft or Apple servers, they are too expensive and rather troublesome).
  2. CSS3 I'm a fan of CSS Grids and CSS Flexbox and hate tables. Learn responsive web design.
  3. JAVASCRIPT, this requires understanding of the previous two in order to maximize the benefits.
  4. Jquery, XML, and Ajax… just trust me here
  5. PHP and MySQL
  6. Maybe learn a developer's framework like Drupal or WordPress
  7. Python

I suggest you that up-gradation is always given a positive impact, so I think you should go with the next level of Magento script

Back