• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What´s the best W2000/NT hosting that you know?

MDNT

:confused:

ok...I´m looking for a hosting that have this features:

over 500MB of web space
over 15-20 GB transfer
ASP, and if it´s possible PHP
SQL 2000 database (50-100MB)
Real Audio/Video Server
unlimited e-mail accounts (or 50 more or less)
unlimited DSN
ASPmail
1 domain for free (one year)
more than 5 FTP accounts
if is possible support for ColdFusion

and good control panel and support

now after a lot of time searching I only find good options ($$$...):

http://www.readyhosting.com
and
http://www.ntidesign.com

do you know more hostings like this??? (or better...:biggrin2: )

sorry for my english level....:eek:

Originally posted by MDNT
:confused:

ok...I´m looking for a hosting that have this features:

over 500MB of web space
over 15-20 GB transfer
ASP, and if it´s possible PHP
SQL 2000 database (50-100MB)
Real Audio/Video Server
unlimited e-mail accounts (or 50 more or less)
unlimited DSN
ASPmail
1 domain for free (one year)
more than 5 FTP accounts
if is possible support for ColdFusion

I don't know about Cold Fusion support, but http://www.genius-hosting.com has a $1.00= 1 Gig and 100MB deal. So for $20/month you get 20 GB transfer and 2000MB of space. The CP is Plesk. Can't beat that price :classic2:

Re: Re: What´s the best W2000/NT hosting that you know?

Originally posted by sannie
[...] The CP is Plesk. [...]
He asked for a Windows host. Plesk isn't available for Windows.

Re: Re: Re: What´s the best W2000/NT hosting that you know?

Originally posted by Bruce
He asked for a Windows host. Plesk isn't available for Windows.

Hmmm... I didn't think it mattered what Os you're running at home. Are you saying if he's running Windows at home he can't use a Linux-based host?
That's funny cus I'm using Plesk to manage my domains on Genius-Hosting.com and I am running Windows 98.

But I could be wrong. I most always am :classic2:

Re: Re: Re: Re: What´s the best W2000/NT hosting that you know?

Originally posted by sannie

Hmmm... I didn't think it mattered what Os you're running at home. Are you saying if he's running Windows at home he can't use a Linux-based host?
That's funny cus I'm using Plesk to manage my domains on Genius-Hosting.com and I am running Windows 98.
:confused2

Umm... the Plesk control panel is not available for Windows servers, which was specifically what the person requested in his post. The OS which you run on your home computer will make absolutely no differnece.

Originally posted by Bruce

Umm... the Plesk control panel is not available for Windows servers, which was specifically what the person requested in his post. The OS which you run on your home computer will make absolutely no differnece.

yes... i´m find a windows host.... 2000 or NT

Hmmm... sannie's wrong again

I have been looking the plans of maximunasp.com and are brilliant and most expensive... but it´s a good alternative if you have a lot of domains because you can host all with the same account...

BUT VERY EXPENSIVEEEE!!!!

no more ideas.....?¿:rolleyes:

but it´s a good alternative if you have a lot of domains because you can host all with the same account...
Many hosts support multiple domains. They are not hard to find.

yes...a lot of host offers multidomain support... but not with 2GB of web space and 40Gb of transfer, a lot of components, 100 MB SQL Server database...

because you have a host with multidomain support but with 50Mb of web space and 2 GB of transfer...it does not serve to you as much no????

:rolleyes:

The limits you mentioned are very high and not many hosts allow limits that high for very good reasons. Sometimes they don't have very high prices and thats why they wouldn't do it. But adding a domain to someone's package isn't going to cause the slightest of server slowdown. The domain is sometimes on another server as not all hosts are domain registrars.

Refferring back to what you were saying. How many domains does this host allow? (their site wasn't working for me). The host might not even have a limit but you should bear in mind this. They will charge you extra for a new domain name. It might say you get 5 domains or something but its best to read carefully through their site as they will most likely charge you for another domain. That might have been stating the obvious but I was just checking.

Also a comparing a host that offers 40gb transfer to a host that does 2gb transfer is not the way to compare hosts. The host that does 2gb transfer might offer a better quality service than the one that does 40gb transfer. If you posted the wrong url by mistake then check to see if its right. I'm sure if that host was really good they wouldn't be down. Also do they offer mssql? If so then thats probably why they are expensive.

ok...sorry for my mistake... the correct url is this:

http://www.maximumasp.com

sorry....and thanks for the explanation. the host is expensive, but looks good.

I use MSSQL database with ASP in most of my projects, and you are right, all those that include support for MSSQL usually have very high prices,for that reason I went to this forum to see if somebody knew one more option cheaper.

I will end up learning PHP and using Mysql database...
:eek: :p
Personally I think that php and mysql are better than asp and mssql but then thats just an opinion so don't let it have an impact on your learning of asp. That host seems pretty good to me. If you've got enough money then go for it but that host seems for asp enthusiasts. If you want to use a host for php then don't use php on windows. Php on windows runs slow because its mainly a linux and *nix scripting language. As an asp programmer I'm sure you are aware of this.

I have dominated ASP after almost 2 years with him and now it was beginning with ASP.NET (that don´t have very big changes)but I believe that from now on I will continue developing in ASP until it finishes controlling PHP, since a competitive product cannot be offered if to have the best tools of windows systems you have to spend 150$ whereas with PHP and MYSQL you have the same reliability and from 15$ you have very good supplies of hosting...

I don´t know if with my bad english you can undestand that I want to say...:confused:

mmmm....but...for while I learn PHP...if you know a cheap w2000 host...............:biggrin2:

and thanks cheatpark for the attention

:cool2:

ASP controlling php? :confused: I never knew that. Anyway get a cheap linux host instead of a cheap windows host if you are going to use php.

I want to mean that when I known PHP I will do all my projects in this language

sorry for the confusion :cry2:

Back