• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Weird error.. slow responding host... again, this time an other one tho

sander k

NLC
Hello guys,

I am getting the following error:

Code:
Warning: fopen(mybb/users/tricks/index.htm) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/tacpdyrz/public_html/domake.php on line 407
can't open file.

Its with a multi forum script when I try to make a new forum/subdomain.
But just like the host I had before, this one is slow as well. I am waiting for an answer on 3 different tickets allready for 3 days.
And yes the weekend was between them, but still...
I get tyerd of waiting, so I am asking you guys now.

What is on line 407 of /home2/tacpdyrz/public_html/domake.php ?

I guess it tries to open some file (with a call to the fopen function), but that file cannot be opened because the web server does not have permissions to open it (or does not have permissions to read the directory where the file is in).

Solution: find which file it tries to open (look at line 407 of domake.php above) and check its permissions - they are probably set in a way that the web server cannot open it. Maybe you have to set the owner of the file to be the web server. Or you have to set the web server in a group that has enough permissions on that file - welcome to Linux System Administration!

You've given the file w permissions in your fopen function. try r+ (gives reading/writing, right now you just have write). Also check the general permissions of the php file.

But just like the host I had before, this one is slow as well. I am waiting for an answer on 3 different tickets allready for 3 days.

You might be waiting longer. Most hosts will not help you with 3rd party scripts and errors that are not server related. This really isn't their responsibility.

You might be waiting longer. Most hosts will not help you with 3rd party scripts and errors that are not server related. This really isn't their responsibility.

They didn't answer my other 2 tickets either, one about 3 extra IP's that I need and the second about privat nameservers.

@Dynash: r+ gives me the same error. And the developer of the script doesn't respond either.

Last edited:
Back