• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Webspace for Minors

acoolguy

I am teaching HTML to some fifth graders and I planned to have them all sign-up for webspace at geocities.com. Having signed up a few years ago with geocities, I did not realize that they now required a CC# and a parent's ID and password in order to get webspace if you are under a certain age. I have also tried homepages.com, but I just found out you have to be atleast 13 to sign up for their service.

I just need a simple and reliable web hosting for my class with about 10mb of space and no age restrictions. I'm not concerned about banners or FTP access. I would appreciate any help I can get on locating an appropiate host. Thanks in advance!

Spaceports.com -

"You agree that you as the person legally responsible for use of this account, are at least 18 years of age or have your parent's or legal guardian's permission before using our service."

If you make sure everyone has their parents' permission it should be all good... There's probably others out there with similar policies...

Originally posted by acoolguy
I'm not concerned about banners or FTP access.

What if the banners are unsuitable for fifth graders?

Originally posted by Woofcat
Spaceports.com -
"You agree that you as the person legally responsible for use of this account, are at least 18 years of age or have your parent's or legal guardian's permission before using our service."

If you make sure everyone has their parents' permission it should be all good... There's probably others out there with similar policies...

Well I read the AUP before but missed the 18 thing, I asked dad, and he said it didn't bother him so I guess it's all right ;)

And besides, these fifth graders could click each others bannres daily at spaceports and make mad money :D.

Originally posted by Omari
unless they are 13 it is illegal... but that warning does not stop most people...

I'd like to know what they do if they found out and DID care. Who's going to arrest a twelve year old for having a personal website:confused: I bet it would start a riot of outraged mothers of internet addicted kids, hehe :D.

I'll check with our legal people tomorrow, but sphosting.com should be ok, becuase we are based in Australia, which has no law like that, on our website it says that people under 13 cannot signup, But I will check to see if we are ok. If we are i'll removed it and post it in this thread.

Back