• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Website Toolbox - Ready Made Hosted Discussion Forum?

deanhills

When I was Googling Forum Discussion Software, I discovered this Website - Website Toolbox - which offers a number of ready made hosting services, including a Discussion Forum. I couldn't believe how quickly I could get one up. But am wondering how good it is. Has anyone tried their services out and if yes, what have your experiences been? And what's the catch? :)

Catch is you pay for it (quite high prices too) and I can't find TOS (sorry found it - Last Updated: June 15, 2009 - http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tos.html) or Privacy Policy anywhere on their site, usually in a footer but there are no footers, just very short pages.

Links to their offerings and a load of claims, been registered a while but.

On free Hosted Services, we have the exclusive right to sell, run and/or serve third-party advertising on your Hosted Service

Reading through what I could stomach I still didn't find privacy - it's like Bill Gates lawyers had a side job.

@Decker. OK, I get it. Maybe something like co.cc. They get your attention with the "free" and "easy" and then they hit you with what it will cost. I guess if it is too good to be true, it is always too good to be true.
:)

The fact they have no link to any T's & C's Privacy is a huge steer clear. It'll be in a sitemap that makes it okay with search engines, but it should be in the obvious places too.

Think it's more like sign up and we hijack your traffic, only sites I've ever seen without direct links to those are very dodgy/bad.

Back