• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Website Help - Navigation

LSComputers

NLC
Hello,

Okay, so our new website is coming along, but is going to be huge. Our designer wasn't able to help us with our request so I am coming here.

I am looking for a way to have our navigation and footer standard. So editing the file on 1 page effects them all.

I am aware this will likely push the site into .php code and thats fine. Dreamweaver is editable in .php so it will work.

Please let me know who can do this and its costs. Right now theres about 20 pages done. But if its a simple replace of code I can do the changes to each file myself.

If you don't find someone here and are in a hurry you can always check Craigslist. It may be able to help you out.

Hello,

Thanks tracker, the code worked, but its now offset my design, maybe your have an idea how to fix that..

It shouldn't have offset the design if you did everything right... make sure you didn't add anything more to the code than what you would normally have in an HTML page

Hey tracker,

If you have a free second to talk on msn some time, I fixed most the issues just having 1 problem now. Maybe your have an idea to it.

I give y'all the chops for being power coders. I'm more of a hackpatcher myself. In my site design, the source is text and then the html file is a twin with the other file extension.

There are utilities out there that work with text files. So if you had a standard "foot-nav" and you wanted to change it globally, you can do things like:
SwapInAllPages "Home" with "Index"
(or whatever the syntax is, etc.)

Back