• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Website / Forum Notice

Todd

NLC
NLC
Dear Forum Readers:

You may notice that the forum has been slow at times over the past week. Today it will be even more noticeable to most users as we're preparing to move all of the data to a new server.

Please be patient with us as this process continues. We will have to bring the forum and website down for a short period of time while we synchronize the data one final time.

If everything continues to go well that will happen today. If there are any problems it may be delayed a day or two.

I apologize in advance for any down time, and I appreciate your understanding.

great news Todd :) Good luck with the data transfer, do yoiu have idea when you're going to start that data migration to the new server? in GMT pls. :)

college-student said:
great news Todd :) Good luck with the data transfer, do yoiu have idea when you're going to start that data migration to the new server? in GMT pls. :)

If I'm not mistaken, Todd already transferred all of the data, excep whatever is new from the past day or two. Today they will synchronize both servers and will point the domain to the new server.

You are correct. The data was already synchronized in the past, and again this morning. Of course with such dynamic databases and constantly changing files (logs and other) it will have to be done again.

I can't give you an exact time as to many circumstances can change the exact time. We may in fact put the new server online today, but we may not start redirecting traffic until late at night (or even tomorrow).

I just want everyone to know that we're around all day, and we're working with the server. If you notice any odd behavior you can post it here, but chances are I'm the direct cause. Thanks again for your patience.

Good news. And good to hear from Todd. Jesus shit, I thought you died or something.

Anyway, is it weird that I still haven't experienced the forums running slowly? STILL, even during the move?

Thanks Blank, it's good to be back. (Psst.. You may want to check your forums link!) :)

I've been trolling the boards, but I haven't been active like I once was. Yes, it's a bit odd that you haven't noticed the slow down. The hard drive was running at 100% when I was doing the MySQL work alone. The server load jumped up to over 10.0, and then it immediately transferred gigs of data to the new server. It's been very busy all morning, and I think the slow down should have been noticeable.

I'm happy to hear that you didn't have any issues though. I'll update this thread after we make the switch. Hopefully we'll see an overall consensus of a speed improvement, but only time will tell.

Todd said:
Thanks Blank, it's good to be back. (Psst.. You may want to check your forums link!) :)

I've been trolling the boards, but I haven't been active like I once was. Yes, it's a bit odd that you haven't noticed the slow down. The hard drive was running at 100% when I was doing the MySQL work alone. The server load jumped up to over 10.0, and then it immediately transferred gigs of data to the new server. It's been very busy all morning, and I think the slow down should have been noticeable.

I'm happy to hear that you didn't have any issues though. I'll update this thread after we make the switch. Hopefully we'll see an overall consensus of a speed improvement, but only time will tell.

heh heh, right after...well, ok, like a half hour after I posted that last comment...it got slower. But then, a few minutes later, everything is once again splendid.

Oh yeah...the forum...yeah.

Probably because you guys ping like crap to this server anyway :biggrin2:
My hunch is this server is hosted somewhere near Chicago...don't know what the call letters ROA mean in hostmasks :p

Last edited:
Mahoro said:
Probably because you guys ping like crap to this server anyway :biggrin2:
My hunch is this server is hosted somewhere near Chicago...don't know what the call letters ROA mean in hostmasks :p
ROA is Roachdale, IN.

But yes, the server appears to be in the vicinity of Golden, IL. ;)

Last edited:
Todd says the switch will be around noon US central time Monday.

woohoo! I'll be sleeping then :)

Let's hope this fixes the ongoing intermittent slowness we have had since upgrading to vB3, I might even get to like bV3 after all ;)

We've moved to the new server and we're fixing issues as we spot them. Please give us 5 to 10 minutes, and then start reporting issues. I also welcome comments regarding the server performance, and overall performance.

The site seems to move a lot faster that normal, which is good.
There is a pop-up. I have pop-ups blocked so I don't know what it is, but just said I would tell you anyways.
Anyways, I think it's a great thing that you guys are working to make this place work better. :)

We don't have any popups here, apart from Private Messages that use popup. Maybe you got a pm.

Back