• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Webhosting with email service for my family?

mikemikez

Hi,

Currently I use evryone.net to give my family members the opertunity to get themselves a nice email as in firstname@lastname.com....

However, everyone.net starts putting more and more banners evrywhere and now even have that terrible GAIN company provide them with spyware garbage; besides that, pop3 is not an option....

So my question;
What would you charge for webhosting including an installed script that will allow people to signup for email on my domain?This does not have to be a live registration process, as long as once the account is validated my users can change their passwords themselves and have access to a descent webmail as well as pop3..
As for the webhosting; I do not need huge amounts of bandwidth or storage; php scripting and sql would be nice though as well as unlimited subdomains..(possibly even a script that will allow my family memebrs to subscribe with the email for a subdomain too that will allow them to redirect it ti their own page)

Oh, and my family is not really big... With 75 emailaccounts I'll have more than enough and I think only like 10-15 will be actively used....

Anyone?

Thanks

M

Ithink your best option would be to sign up for an ordinary hosting package and control the creation of email through a control panel.

You should be able to get what you want for $20-40/year.

1,000 MB Storage 50 Ftp User Accounts(/~user)
3,000 MB Transfer
3 Sub-domain
50 Ftp User Accounts(/~user)
1 MySQL Databases (need more I will give u 3)
1 Domain Forwarding
***Unlimited Email acounts***
$55 per year
www.hosting-extreme.com

Well,

Cpanel is absolutely not enough! That won't integrate pop3 and web access plus I'm the only one who can set passwords...

Oh, and forgot to mention, I only wanna pay for it if the hosting company is very reliable, doesn't promise things they can't keep up and has been out there for some years allready...

Anyone?

M.

If you create an email account in Cpanel, it can be access via webmail if that is installed. Many hosts these days offer that, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Originally posted by mikemikez
Well,

Cpanel is absolutely not enough! That won't integrate pop3 and web access plus I'm the only one who can set passwords...

Oh, and forgot to mention, I only wanna pay for it if the hosting company is very reliable, doesn't promise things they can't keep up and has been out there for some years allready...

Anyone?

M.

Hi.

Ok, your question as to if someone will charge you: Yes, unless someone explicitly says they won't.

My question: How much would you be willing to spend? That way, someone can offer you a plan falling in that budget.

Not too much...

But I will need help setting up a script like that...

People, come on... Make me an offer I can't refusse! :)

M

Back