• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Webhosting that allowed sql to vps

Just find a shared hosting provider that allows remote mySQL connections. You can get a small account somewhere for < $2 per month.

You don't understand.
You can't get a VPS for $1-$5 per month.

You need to get a bigger budget. Or find your self a shared host.

Like I said, find a shared hosting provider that will allow remote connections to their mysql server.

Perhaps his poor writing in English, caused some confusion.
From what I understand in this thread, it seems like he is asking for a shared hosting that allow him to host a script and use SQL server hosted else where.
Which means, he only host the script(files) and the database, he host elsewhere.

And from his other request post, where he is requesting for a Windows VPS, it seems like he will be hosting the SQL server in that Windows VPS.

Last edited:
i can offer exactly what you need

if needed i can provide you a working example or some other sites from my clients who use the same way that you like to use it , feel free to take a look at below link to see what i mean

Mysql Status Link

the above link will show a icon depending on the status , the server itself is locked to ip to prevent abusing ( and security risk) but it should show online normaly (its from a old project , so it can be that it get broken )

i would suggest to take a look at http://dehost.org/webhosting.html to see what package is looking good for you
for your budget i can only suggest the premium pacakge ( 10GB space and 300 GB traffic )

for any other questions , feel free to let me know , ask in a pm or contact me from 1 of my sites

enjoy
Greetings From PowerChaos

That would be nice

if you like to have a trial , feel free to take a look at the trial packages (just click order and then you see my order page with sub menu's

i provide a trial of 7 days , but be warned
the trial will be destroyed after 7 days with out warning ( thats why it is a trial) if not upgraded , you only get a email to say that the trial is over

please note , there are a few limits on the trial package to prevent abusing

Hi Marilag Mark.

If you did not choose the hosting yet, then we can offer our Pack One plan with remote MySQL connections allowed, for $2/mo.
Also we can give you free trial to test if everything works as needed. Plus we can assist with remote MySQL connection setup.

Please feel free to contact us if you are interested. We are here to help!

it is a bit time ago
but here is a perfect example to show what you exactly need

http://powerchaos.info

it shows that mysql can be used remotely , it shows even the status of other servers ( as it is a status checker)

please let us know your desision

Back