• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Web MSN Messenger

I agree that SSL is a good next step here.
I'll definitely add it.

Since I do not have SSL right now I do not take an attention to the page that passes login/password in this way - I just needed the way to show "please wait" page and did not want to change server code to have it. I knew at the moment I post the link here for review that it will be one of the first complaints :)
I truly understand that issue and will add SSL soon - it will definitely make users to feel more safe about this project.
But at the same time - I can not prove that I do not store user passwords even if it's HTTPS, right?
So there will be users who will not trust it simply becuase it's not Microsoft software...

Please understand that it's not a commercial product and nobody pays me for the that job (I even pay for the dedicated server myself).
As result I can not have everything there in a perfect way for the short time (this is actually less then a month as this project started).

It's java language here. I would like to have a help from somebody, but I do not feel comfortable to release the code - it's not open source, sorry...

Last edited:
Just spent some time to read detailed information about .Net Passport programs.
Actually it looks good and I do not see a problem to implement it for msnger.com.
I've applied for an account there and it's up to Microsoft now to approve or not...

In this case I do not need to worry about SSL stuff - Passport will do it for me and the main moment - users will not worry about me stealing their passwords :)

Last edited:
bezel, you should REALLY fix the errors as follows:

if you put in script tags it'll constantly send you javascript errors.

if you type and someone IMs in b4 you, it'll refresh and you'll have to type it in ALL OVER.

try using a different method of getting your attention when you minimize the IM screen, b/c it gets SUPER annoying when it pops up over EVERYTHING!

that's about all i know when i logged in. :p

DarkBlood,

Thanks for your very structured comments - these are really top priority items that I'll do in a nearest future.

Last edited:
I usually use e-messenger.net . They seem to be most reliable and most safe internet Msn messenger. Many people who will find your site by google/yahoo will think it is another scam site taking ppl's password. Nothing against you, but that is what I thought.

Thanks for honest reply.
Really, I do not see now a way to provide a real prove that this site does not collect your passport account, but truly - do you have a real prove for e-messenger.net???
Or any other web msn client???

I totaly agree that e-messenger.net is the biggest web msn client now, but it does not mean it's the best for everybody. I respect the job e-messenger.net author did and I believe it's good for users to have a choice to use the tool they like better.

By the way - what kind of prove can possible be added into www.msnger.com to have the "trust" that it's not a scam for passwords?
If you know it - please let me know and I'll try to have it implemnted...

Last edited:
Maybe getting a message by a msn organization and have them put MSN approved on your site. That would make it a little safter

Hm... "msn organization" means MICROSOFT…
I truly do not believe that they will approve ANY web msn client rather then THEIR OWN ONE (that does not exist). If you think I’m wrong – please let me know how can I contact them with this need?

I think I need to look for something else... for example web stores have several "trusted certifications" that adds a nice label into a site - "safe and certified web store".

Can you suggest me something that can possibly certify the safety of www.msnger.com?

P.S. Feel free to contact me by email "bezel@msnger.com" in case you want to say something in person...

Last edited:
Well, some sites have those "Hacker protection" signs or whatever, but I have no idea what they go through to get em.
Good luck with this man.

Back