• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Web Host and 2-3 days to post pages?

kymmer

Can anyone help me answer a question that I have? I was recently told by a web hosting company that it will generally take 2-3 days for my pages to show up live on my website, but that I can look at them at a temporary site until then? Is this normal, they told me that this is the case with most hosts?

I would really like to find a host that is reasonable and that when my pages are posted, they are live as soon as possible after. Any suggestions?

I'm quite sure they're just talking about the amount of time it takes your domain to propagate after you change to their nameservers. It's a temorary thing and once it's finished it won't happen again. :)

Thanks for the information, it helps a lot. What if I registered my domain a couple of weeks ago and registered with my hosting company 12 days ago at which time, I updated the name servers... I just hadn't posted any pages until last night. Is this the part that is taking the extended period of time? Just want to make sure before I switch hosts.

I hope this is the correct forum for addressing these things, if it's not my apologies.

If you changed the nameservers, and they added your site to their DNS then you should be able to see them more or less instantly. It would be odd if you couldn't.

Thanks to all for the information! Moderators, if you'd like you can close this thread as my question has been answered. Thanks again!

Back