• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

We have an admirer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Well I must not of been following the prices lately. But PC games are superior in all aspects, in my opinion of course.

My PC doesn't crash or reboot often and it doesn't freeze. I have Windows 2000. It works and is more reliable.

-> Maybe yours doesn't but some peoples do. Not everyone has a 1ghz processor and super duper graphics card to play pc games.

Not necessarily. The games are very expensive... and PCs are getting cheaper. Plus the performance in graphics is superior on PC's and most of the games have better performance.

-> But upgrading your pc is even more expensive. Games consoles are also getting cheaper. On may 3rd gamecube launches in the UK and it is only going to cost 120 pounds. Thats pretty cheap.

Yeah, but you get better performance from the PC.

-> Really? I see pretty good performance from games consoles.

Originally posted by cheatpark
-> Maybe yours doesn't but some peoples do. Not everyone has a 1ghz processor and super duper graphics card to play pc games.

Most people actually have between 800Mhz - 1Ghz. And from what I see on these forums more people have mor than that. And my graphics card is slightly old.

-> But upgrading your pc is even more expensive. Games consoles are also getting cheaper. On may 3rd gamecube launches in the UK and it is only going to cost 120 pounds. Thats pretty cheap.

Upgrading your pc is not getting more expensive and the prices are going down.

-> Really? I see pretty good performance from games consoles.

But no where near that of PCs. A far cry because the consoles have inferior technology.

Originally posted by Giancarlo

Most people actually have between 800Mhz - 1Ghz. And from what I see on these forums more people have mor than that. And my graphics card is slightly old.
One thing I would like to ask you is...Does power really matter? There are some console games which are really crap in terms of appearance but have very good gameplay. Sometimes its not technology that counts. Its gameplay.

Upgrading your pc is not getting more expensive and the prices are going down.
Did I say that? I said that the overall cost of upgrading your pc is more expensive than buying a new games console. Sorry if I didn't make it very clear.

But no where near that of PCs. A far cry because the consoles have inferior technology.
But can this difference be noticed? Its all very well saying pc's use the latest technology with super processors and super duper perfomance but does it make a difference? Can it be noticed? I don't see slowdown in quite a few games now on consoles. Most have crystal clear graphics. Good enough for me and a lot of others if you ask me.

One thing I would like to ask you is...Does power really matter? There are some console games which are really crap in terms of appearance but have very good gameplay. Sometimes its not technology that counts. Its gameplay.

And on the particular point PC wins. That is my opinion.

Did I say that? I said that the overall cost of upgrading your pc is more expensive than buying a new games console. Sorry if I didn't make it very clear.

Which is a better deal in the long term?

But can this difference be noticed? Its all very well saying pc's use the latest technology with super processors and super duper perfomance but does it make a difference? Can it be noticed? I don't see slowdown in quite a few games now on consoles. Most have crystal clear graphics. Good enough for me and a lot of others if you ask me.

Okay that is your opinion then.

:topic:

I don't think I have ever seen a thread get so far away from the topic for so long :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Giancarlo
And on the particular point PC wins. That is my opinion.
In terms of technology yes it does but in terms of gameplay I think that consoles win on that point.

Which is a better deal in the long term?
The average life of a console is 5 years. PC technology comes out a lot faster. Game consoles can survive with the same technology for about 5 years because they don't just concentrate on power, power, and power. They concentrate on providing their buyers with good quality games which have lots of gameplay. In general, consoles are a better deal in the long term.

In terms of technology yes it does but in terms of gameplay I think that consoles win on that point.

I strongly and bitterly disagree.

The average life of a console is 5 years. PC technology comes out a lot faster. Game consoles can survive with the same technology for about 5 years because they don't just concentrate on power, power, and power. They concentrate on providing their buyers with good quality games which have lots of gameplay. In general, consoles are a better deal in the long term.

Power is good for gameplay. And PC companies aren't the one manufacturing games. Well Microsoft does, but they suck but there are other game makers out there like ID Software for example which have VASTLY superior games in every aspect against consoles.

And has Jan said this is getting off topic so start a topic in the computer forum I guess.

I think PC is better due to the amount of keys on the keyboard and how theres an infinite amount of ways to use one. Joysticks, mouse, Wheel, VR, etc.

Originally posted by Ragzzz
I think PC is better due to the amount of keys on the keyboard and how theres an infinite amount of ways to use one. Joysticks, mouse, Wheel, VR, etc.
:topic:

Originally posted by cdudeuk18

:confused:

and the point of that was :confused2
That was directed at Ragzzz, he posted his reply nothing to do with the topic, about 40 Minutes after the other off topic things were posted.

The point being that after telling them to get back to the topic they still went on with off topic stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back