• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

We got scammed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coight

NLC
NLC
Well,

We had a client signup "Alex Kelm". After receiving many warnings from the regulars here (not mentioning any names) about his practices we decided to sign him up anyway as we cannot justify turning a customer away for no real reason.

Everything started ok, then the constant barrage of emails, private messages to our staff started. We were getting literally 50 emails, & pm's per day from alexkelm or "XK".

He then decided he wanted to be part of our sales team and after repeated requests to stop impersonating our sales team he went quiet. Then XK wanted to install an IRCD on our server. We gave him permission to install this, pending approval from rackshack. He forwarded me a fake email from askmesurfer@rackshack.net (I found this out after I phoned sales). A few days back we received alot of email's that our "yeehaw' server had been down. When I checked the load of the server it had jumped to around 10. I found that alex kelm had been comprimising our server and its performance.

I have now found from our customers that he is activley seeking them to join a new host he is also trying to become a member of "rfhost.com"

This host will be launched next week, sorry I had to let you guys know as I am personally very disappointed with myself for not listening to you guys.

I'm locking this thread as mentioning his name isn't even allowed any more. Consider reporting the account to HostAbuse: http://www.hostabuse.com or a similar site if you wish to help other hosting companies prevent such sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back