• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Warning

A user came to my forum looking for hosting, and he did NOTHING but post warez!!!

here are his details and before you start on me i shouldn't be making this public, i am only doing this to make sure everyone knows about him!

HTML:
Username: computerwis
Email: farnlee77@gmail.com
IP: 124.169.32.117

A user came to my forum looking for hosting, and he did NOTHING but post warez!!!

here are his details and before you start on me i shouldn't be making this public, i am only doing this to make sure everyone knows about him!

HTML:
Username: computerwis
Email: farnlee77@gmail.com
IP: 124.169.32.117

Glad you shared this, nice to be able to ban ahead of time :smash:

This forum should consider a special section for this, as these are very useful and we see quite a few of them. Maybe form a blacklist?

You even do not imagine how many people tries to host warez and other s... to our service, but well there is no other way, but just do the manual review for all sign-ups. Actually no one cares about yout free hosting TOS :) cause they just do not care ;)

Well a blacklist is fairly useless in the world of
Dynamic IPs
Free proxies everywhere
Ability to pick a new username just like that and
free email services everywhere.
You just cant ban someone that dont wanna be banned, it is impossible..

If you wanna stop these signups, refuse all free email signups...
Only allow people with ISP emails.. Good for tracking.

Well a blacklist is fairly useless in the world of
Dynamic IPs
Free proxies everywhere
Ability to pick a new username just like that and
free email services everywhere.
You just cant ban someone that dont wanna be banned, it is impossible..

If you wanna stop these signups, refuse all free email signups...
Only allow people with ISP emails.. Good for tracking.

Gotta love the pirate n00bs :p

Oh, BTW +rep cause your awesome :p

Last edited:
@Darknight
not really actually.
for example, majority of the ISP in Malaysia, example, Celcom 3G, Maxis 3G, P1 W1max, Amex Wimax, Digi 3G, etc
they do not provide email accounts to users.

so far, there is only 1 ISP in malaysia who give users email account.
but then again, the email is always drop and lost, did not reach the mail box.
lol

@Darknight
not really actually.
for example, majority of the ISP in Malaysia, example, Celcom 3G, Maxis 3G, P1 W1max, Amex Wimax, Digi 3G, etc
they do not provide email accounts to users.

so far, there is only 1 ISP in malaysia who give users email account.
but then again, the email is always drop and lost, did not reach the mail box.
lol

Iv heard a few bad things about Malaysia ISPs over the time lol.
Anyway Aus isnt much better, they have stable email but data costs way to much.

Allowing only isp emails denies right of hosting for most of the legitimate customers too.

I agree. I refuse to use a ISP email because it creates vendor lock-in, an issue I quietly study lately. Just have metrics to evaluate accounts by. For example, I have got to be in the running for the most peaceable client ever.

I agree. I refuse to use a ISP email because it creates vendor lock-in, an issue I quietly study lately. Just have metrics to evaluate accounts by. For example, I have got to be in the running for the most peaceable client ever.

I have a ISP email address, but I don't use it much. Only family members know it. I will use sitename@oneofmydomains most of the time. My gmail address is used for hosting accounts only.

Back