• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Warning For Chitie.com!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter John

Hello to all, as I am a journalist from Holland I opened my own production company in LA and with it a new website which took me a good 2 months to complete, this with inside reports about fraud and much more. But most of my clients get their email bounced back as the server is down at www.chitie.com this is a new company and this is their registration form:

Registrar STARGATE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.
WhoisServer whois.stargateinc.com
ReferralURL http://www.stargateinc.com
UpdatedDate 2002-01-03
NameServers NS1.CHITIE.NET
NS2.000DOMAINS.COM

Registrant:
Chitie Inc.
Calle Italia M-27
Santa Clara CA ca119
United States

Administrative:

Technical:
- Billing:
Name Servers:
ns1.chitie.net

ns2.000domains.com

Created: 11/2/2001
Expiration: 11/2/2002

Now today the server again is out for more than 12 hours and I could not work. I wrote them each day and contacted their 24 hours support but got no answers only some stupid answers like “we are upgrading” this is the letter I have send them:
Dear support team with chitie.com.
I am a new client with my domain: www.unetwork.net

Now there are some big troubles reaching my site as your server is offline on a regular base. Even your support site is offline while this error accurse!

As we are working with some major US Networks as CBS, NBC, and we use the site for uploading some previews for the producers there to see and to comment on.
Please let me know ASAP if this problem will be fixed as now several time having trouble to open my site and my mail, while other URL’s are working so it’s not with my T1 connection. The real problem is that I can’t read, send or receive my email which is a very big problem as we are losing a great amount of money as we lose the working day!
Also it does look very unprofessional when our clients get there mail returned with error because of the mail server.

If you can’t fix the problem please advise us a good server for our domain and re-arrange my website parking. If not please return the money and I will find a new server which will be online 24 hours.
Please send me your mailing address so our office can inform you by letter.

In advance thanks,
Peter John Bosse
CEO Unetwork 3B Productions
[END MESSAGE]

Now I don’t know what to do and I hope some one at this nice board can give me a idea how to take actions against them, in advance thank you!

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. If I was you ( and yes, I was a client of 2 horible hosts in the past ), I would find a new solid host as fast as you can.

Well, I took a quick look at the site, although Ive never heard of this host.
Here is a snip from their terms:
The customer may terminate the services at any time by contacting Chitie, Inc. via email or online chat assistants after confirmation of identity. There shall be no refund of fees paid after 7 days.
Sooo, it doesnt look like they carry the 30 day money back guarantee that most hosts do. Have you passed the 7 days?
I would definitely take all steps to try to cancel the account from your end.
Have you tried their live chat?
It looks like they have dirt cheap pricing, although Im not sure how you paid them, you can always contact your credit card issuer and explain. They can issue a chargeback for "services not rendered" I would choose that as a last option though.

You can signup with a new host, upload site, make your DNS changes on your domain, and cancel at the old host.

I have to wonder why a host would ask personal questions on a order form?
Marital status, gender, age? etc.!!
Never seen that before, witha paid host!:confused2

Yes I will change and thanks God I have just informed Paypall that my new website is cancelled at this server as I have 2 domains to them.
I really lost so much money and so much time as they promised me so many times to fix this but they don’t. In fact the last weeks were so much better and it seemed until yesterday that they finally made their system stabile but yesterday? I mean more than 20 hours it was offline and we could not work as we did not have our email to reply. Yes Chitie.com or Shitie as I call them now is a strange company and could never figure out how to get their phone number as on the address listed there is no record of any phone number.. Strange!
Is there a law in the USA about not doing what they supposed to do? Can I take them to court? I mean if you are paying for a internet business and the server for your domain goes off and on as a direction light on your car there is straight evidence about the lack of their company?
I do appreciate any brainstorming about this problem…

BTW my first site unetwork.net is already parked there for 2 months..... :(

Sorry to hear your unpleasant experience. Usually its better to read a company's AUP/TOS before signing up with them. One more thing to be just pre-cautious is to e-mail the support of the particular host to see their response time.

Well... they have three plans (I can see)...

$1.99/month
$2.99/month
$3.99/month

:rolleyes:

Dude, you get what you pay for, and for what you paid, that's all you get. Not to be rude or anything, but paying $3.99/month when bitching "it never works", well.. should tell you sometihng. If you can afford a T1 connection, you can afford a real host. As you found out, PERSONAL hosts should not be used for commercial services. If you want a hosting service that's "up", it's going to cost more then $3/month, and if your dealing with networks like NBC etc, you should be paying a lot more to ensure when you need your site up, it is! If I was dealing with major TV networks like that, I would make sure I have the best hosting money can buy!

If you ask me, chitie kinda sounds like shitt*y (no joke).

Well no one knows what they could get at the end as Hosting Better - is just a dollar more but according some people here a ok server. That time ofcourse I did not know if I would deal with a major broadcast netwerk and when I joined it was soled as a one time only offer!
Now they wrote a mail to all their clients that they were attacked by DOS and thats why they were offline for the whole day and night!
OK I am setting up a own network and will host in the near furure my own sites, so it will be better.
Any way thanks to all of you guys and also for all of your email!
;)

I don't know if its Friday the 13 all the time but I paid a 100 dollars for Vulcato.com webhosting they recieved the payment but after a week now and 5 emails send to them, they did not still reply and gave me a IP address to park my domain on!
I got the URL from a member here so I wish to say Thank you but NO thanks for directing a member to another scam web hosting company!:devious2:

Perhaps you should post a request here for hosts to make offers to you? I would suggest you do a search here for valcato and on webhostingtalk.com as well.

Thanks for your reply, yes I will and did get some very nice replies from other members and I really love this board! Again the problem started months ago and feld lost in the woods :)
Some one talked about valcato thats why I opened an account with them.

Hello guys here I am again guess what after I posted my cpmplain at Vulcano's website message board I got on the following message from me a reply:
First my message:
[Hello to any one, paid a week ago the service for this server and got the confirm from them, but after this they stopped responding and until today no reply from them on all my mail send to them. I did not get any IP address to park my site on, what can I do?
Is Valcato a scam/fraud? I don't know any more, all previous servers do reply but Valcato does not and its too silence!
Please as users tell me should I cancel my order on my credit card?
:confused]

now the reply from Vulcano:
[Operations Director

Unetwork:

Please refrain from making threatening posts such as yours.

I find it hard to believe that you are a journalist with grammar such a yours.

We are the furthest thing from a fraudulent company. It just happened that we had a system fault when you registered.

As Jerome said, account activation is instant.

We hope that you will choose to stay with Valcato for your internet services.

Thank you.

~Andrew]
After that they put a code in my IP address so I could not post any reply on this but as I am not a new one in cyber I have found a way to post my reply and here it is:

[With Grammar such as mine?
Well dear sir, my grammar goes as far as 12 languages as I am Dutch working inside reports, as you might do a search on the Internet on my name, I do hope you have internet, you might find my name showing up in lots of international news agencies.
But if you like I can give you a short CV:
Peter John Bosse 12 years as a war reporter owner of Unetwork 3B productions
Unetwork and 3B Productions is a freelance news organization. We have been recently involved with coverage of the war in Macedonia. We have done in depth journalistic reports on the political factions and terrorist organizations as well as live on the spot coverage of war events. Unetwork has experience in all aspects of journalistic reporting including documentaries. The following is a list of news organizations that we have are or have been affiliated with both in Europe and the USA:

Netherlands: VPRO NOS VARA RTL4 AD
Germany: ARD ZDF
Macedonia: A1 RTV-Kiss Sitel Skynet
USA: CNN antiwar NBC
Great Britain: ITN BBC
Denmark: RTV-Danmark
Press agencies: Reuters AP Makfax MIA European broadcast union

Unetwork 3B productions is also working on the field of short movies, documentaries, music video, alternative advertising, audio productions and multimedia presentations

Peter John Bosse; winner of the Grand Price Italy 1980 with his short movie Farewell to the comet. (Arsenia Jovanovic)

As you might be understanding me wrong I DO NOT: quote [ Please refrain from making threatening posts such as yours.

I find it hard to believe that you are a journalist with grammar such a yours.]

What you believe is absolutely not important if I’m yes or no a journalist as believe me there are besides good English people lots of other journalist working in the rest of the world, as I am in CA at this time, I am aware that there is beyond the borders of the USA also a civilized world were you might not even could order a Hamburger in English, please believe me that why I have lerarned so many languages to speak and to write. You should give it a try.
As I do not threaten you, and if I have any thing I am not satisfied of I write mail and if not replied to I have lawyers who know the best how to get my rights!
I will take this reply with me and also post this on other messages boards!
Again this is really outrages as instead of a apology from your side I receive critics as if I am or if I am not, the reason this topics have started that YOUR system is not working and that YOU did not reply to any mail. This is not MY problem or MY blame, I started just as a simple clients trying to use your company as a domain host that all!
And if you do not to do your job right for any reasons, its not the blame on the clients as they pay for YOUR service and you might like to come to Europe to see what we mean with service!
With regards, Peter John Bosse Orange, California]

Hope some members can learn their lessons out of this :)

You see guys? well you have been advised..

Actually, we only recieved one email from Peter John, which I replied to within 10 minutes offering him a full refund and to have his account set up free of charge. No reply.

I have to wonder, that in a week he's now given two hosts "the essay" and claimed that they are frauds/scams...

For those of you who are wondering, the account wasn't set up due to a problem with our PHPManager installation, but we fixed that now :D

~Jerome

<EDIT:: Also I dont know why he's trying to teach us the "English" methods of customer service when Valcato is based in Staffordshire, UK...>

Last edited:
Originally posted by Daniel
If you need a good host, just pay for it. When you pay little, you get little.
I agree.

It seems like your company pretty successful since you mentioned you are working with some major networks in the US. Wouldn't that mean you earn a fair amount of money? The past two hosts you mentioned both offer hosting service at a cheap price and you complained about them both. Why don't you try paying more for a better service? :confused:

Come on please, I never ment to give you a critics on your english but just to reply on your message about me being a bad journalist!
First of all I paid trough my credit card this makes me a client, if your server goes down its your mistake not mine, thats all.
Remember I wrote 5 mail to you as vulcano did not get a reply so if some one writes to you as a new client and is charged on his/her credit card and does nt get any reply or a ip address to publish what would you think? If you like send me a mail to my email address and will foreward all mail from others who called you a scam.. I was just thinking loud, if I was wrong in this excuse me and hope your service will inprove...
With all best regards, Peter
PS please guys I know that for all servers you need to pay thanks for the advise and again sorry for my english :)

Originally posted by GRiN
I agree.

The past two hosts you mentioned both offer hosting service at a cheap price and you complained about them both. Why don't you try paying more for a better service? :confused:

I don't agree with this statement fully. I think that just because a host promise more for a very cheap price, it does not warrant "lying" or "cheating" their customers. If they promise a certain reliability for very cheap costs, it's the HOSTS' problem for making the plans. The hosts should not expect the customers to tune down their expectations of the QUALITY of service.

Originally posted by allanh

I don't agree with this statement fully. I think that just because a host promise more for a very cheap price, it does not warrant "lying" or "cheating" their customers. If they promise a certain reliability for very cheap costs, it's the HOSTS' problem for making the plans. The hosts should not expect the customers to tune down their expectations of the QUALITY of service.

Nooo, the customer should not EXPECT the "QUALITY" of the service to be too high when they pay so little. Most of the time when you pay more for a service/product, it’s better. Apply the same to hosting, more most of the time means better. The OP goes from cheap host A to cheap host B yet still whines about the level of service. The level of service he is asking for is not what the hosts offer (for such a small amount) and thus should look for a “higher quality”, more expensive host. Why do you think hosts can offer such a low rate? Because the "quality" is not there. :rolleyes: If you think you'll get the "quality" of a $50/month plan for $2/month, your wrong.

Last edited:
There is a certain level of cost associated with providing a reliable hosting service, just as there is a certain level of cost associated with providing any product or service. You know that computers range from $x-$x, and if you should see a brand-new top spec. computer for $100 for sale, a bell should go off saying, "Hmmmm... something isn't right here."

If a company isn't charging enough, then they are skimping somewhere, and the real party that pays for that is you in the end. Don't try to save a few bucks only to spend more to get something that actually works later. It doesn't work in nearly any area (product or service) and ends up you more in the end, plus gives you fustration that you don't need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back