• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

VPS Managed ??

Pads

Hello,

can you plz explain to me what difference between Managed VPS and NONE-Managed VPS

I mean what stuff to manage on the server ??

thanks

Managed server generaly include server administration, updates and maintenance. They also cost more.

Unmanaged servers are less and you administration, and update it your self.

Some companies might also offer more services like security upgrades, firewall, security audits, etc.

That is correct. As a matter of fact we will be releasing a feature very soon that will allow even unmanaged clients to benefit from a server security optimization at no cost. If you do not have any experience with servers then it is highly recommended that you do get a managed, it means that everything is taken care of for you.

thanks for explain it to me , I have no idea how VPS control panel looks from inside , I used only DirectAdmin & cPanel in shared

my question is if you have managed cPanel VPS , does it look then the same as normal cPanel from inside ??

thanks

Managed doesn't mean your control panel will change. It just means that the hosting company will go in your server and update everything for you.

Note: Every company seems to have different standards of "Managed". If you are shopping around, I would ask the host that question.

I think that better to ask directly from company you are looking at what they mean under managed or unmeneged? How prices are different?

Yes. Management means that the VPS provider will login to your server to update server software etc, such as cPanel and other apps when needed or upon request and fix anything that needs fixing.
Some providers will limit these though, which is known as Semi-Managed.
As mentioned, make sure and ask before you proceed with a purchase, just to make sure you understand the policies and that you are happy. :)

managed means the host will solve any server based problem you may face with the VPS. It is his responsibility to rectify it.

Unmanaged VPS is on your own. If anything unexpected happens, you will yourself rectify it, unless the issue is on the node.

As mentioned several times before...That is not always the case.

Ask the host -- managed may just mean they update the box, could mean they will install scripts for you. Could mean they will fix apache if it breaks, could mean they only secure it for you.

It is different based on the host.

I have found some good management companies are Platinumservermanagement.com - They are probably the best price for the value.

I believe it's 29.99 and you get monitoring with it.

Sometimes - it saves you time to do deal directly with the company who is providing you with the service. This way you don't have to pay bills in multiple locations.

You may want to just consult and initial server setup and hardening, and then find someone who will fix things as the problems occur and you may not have to spend alot of money.

Back