• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

viruses

I was round at my mates lastnight, his GF has been using IMESH P2P, and acquired crap loads of malware. She did cook and supply jagermeister for cleaning her laptop. :)

One more point that you can consider is to take regular back-ups of all data. You can also check for regular updates of software and anti-virus. Don't download from unauthentic sources or fishy websites.

You can use latest antivirus and scan your computers regularly. Also, avoid accessing malicious sites e.g. adult or do not download softwares from unknow websites.

I'd be more worried about stuff like XSS attacks and Mysql injections.

One of my clients just had their site mangled by them, they had to revert to a backup to correct it.

Keeping all the Applications Updated
Using a Tough Password
3rd Party Code and Scripts
Plugins, widgets, and every other code (such as free templates and themes) that you are installing on your VPS are normally developed by some other “unknown” person or a group. So always do a little research and become certain that they are secure prior to installing them on your server.
And of course with all the other advice already listed here in other posts!!!

there are several ways to stay secure.

1. Don’t use unofficial products like :- Cracked Software, Cracked games etc.
  2. Never open a file which looks suspicious.
  3. Use a good antivirus software (again not cracked one), genuinely purchase it and use it.
  4. Don’t click on advertisements which come during internet surfing like :- “your computer is infected to virus etc.”
  5. Whenever you login always enter wrong password, using this trick you can keep yourself safe from password or information stealing attacks (e.g. Phishing).

Back