• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

USB Power Hub

.Bobby

Hey guys,

Anyone got any good USB Power Hub(s) to reccomend? I'm looking to buy one, since i'm running short of USB ports on my desktop.

Thanks!

I have about 50 HP 4-port powered hubs sitting behind me :p Only cost me £1.20 each. Bargin.

They work wonders... So go HP :p

Do you have items like portable hard drives hooked up? Anything that transfers a lot of data? Remember USB is shared bandwidth ...

I currently have a 500GB Ext. HDD connected. The other USB Ports for my Desktop is used for mouse, speakers, keyboard, printer, and a few other devices - which explains why i'm running short of USB Ports, and need more.

I use, and highly recommend these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817394008

They are kind of old school, been out almost 3 years now. I have owned 2 for about 2 years with daily usage. I now keep a mouse, keyboard, and 500gb external hard drive plugged into one of them. They are powered and I am transferring about 60gb of data from the HDD as we speak, and its only taking slightly more than an hour (this is Windows Vista mind you!)

Thanks for that recommendation! Will definitely check it out. The price seems good too.

Back