• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

.US Domain

Razerst

Hello,

What is the requirements to register .US Domain? Can a non US-Citizen Register this domain?

Is there any special regulation for this domain?

:)

"Registrants of .us domains must be United States citizens, residents, or organizations, or a foreign entity with a presence in the United States."

Yeah I know that. That was my first thought, but my registrar here allow me to register .US domains as long as I provide them few informations.

I need to choose and to fill something like:
Nexus Category: (C11,C12, C21, C31, C32)
Nexus Country:
Application Purpose: (business, personal, no profit, etc)

oh, what on earth Nexus and those C's?

Yeah I know that. That was my first thought, but my registrar here allow me to register .US domains as long as I provide them few informations.

I need to choose and to fill something like:
Nexus Category: (C11,C12, C21, C31, C32)
Nexus Country:
Application Purpose: (business, personal, no profit, etc)

oh, what on earth Nexus and those C's?
Hello!
Do you have any domain name registrar in mind? I suppose that you can easielly work on it with the domain name registrar. I suppose that some of them have what to offer to you to avoid troubles.

I had to answer some question, if I was a company and some tax details.
But I own one .us domain and I am from the Netherlands.

no they do not require you to provide a social security number or tax id. They just require that one of the contacts be based out of the US to get the domain. It will ask you some info to confirm you have a presence in the US before they allow you to register.

Hello,

What is the requirements to register .US Domain? Can a non US-Citizen Register this domain?

Is there any special regulation for this domain?

:)

Well you can buy .us but there are some restrictions.first that private whois not allowed for .us domain also you will get some options that u have allready mentioned like
you must be us citizen
you must be engaged with any us organization,service etc.
You will have to fill form.

Yes, it is true... you have to be a US citizen or at least have an address in the US to register a .us domain. I've registered one before with no problems as I live in the US. Also keep in mind I don't believe you can get WHOIS protection for .us domains.

Back