• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Upgrading vBulletin

Peo

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Upgrading of vBulletin scheduled for 21:00 CET today (just over 1 hour from now). The forum will be down. If I remember correctly it usually takes an hour or two to upgrade vBulletin. Expect something like that.

Update: To follow developments during the upgrade see us on twitter/freewebspacenet.

I wonder if they are upgrading to the final 3.8 series or going full
out, and upgrade too 4.x ? If I had it to do over, I would never left 3.x

Why?

We will be upgrading shortly to version 4. So you have about 2 minutes to change my mind...

And we're back.

Still some issues I need to take care of, but most of it should be working.

I too preferred the old design, are there any plans to incorporate the old design into the upgraded forums?

Edit:
Also there are images missing and a lot of things out of place going off screen for me (1024x768)

Last edited:
I too preferred the old design, are there any plans to incorporate the old design into the upgraded forums?

Edit:
Also there are images missing and a lot of things out of place going off screen for me (1024x768)

I find it funny you're on that resolution, are you in a CRT monitor?

Please let me know the url to the missing images you've found.

What I have noticed is that "Multi-Quote This Message" is going off screen. Not sure why that is happening.

I agree that this standard vB 4 template is not that nice. It's looking old. So it is possible that I will bring back parts of the previous design or create something new.

The Multi Quote This Message shows wrong in Firefox. See a screenshot. The Second Screenshot is to show you how I see the hover effect in navmenu after update.

aym2q0.jpg

or094n.jpg

As I mentioned I get the same error in Firefox. Not sure why they can't test something as basic as that in their default template?

I can't see the nav menu error in your second screenshot?

I think the nav bar is supposed to look like that. It's higher when it's selected.

Please let me know the url to the missing images you've found.

What I have noticed is that "Multi-Quote This Message" is going off screen. Not sure why that is happening.

I agree that this standard vB 4 template is not that nice. It's looking old. So it is possible that I will bring back parts of the previous design or create something new.
It's actually all messages going off screen due to this missing image, the missing image URL is: http://www.freewebspace.net/multiquote_40b.png

@ThePro
No it's an 19" LCD monitor.

The image is definately not supposed to be in that location, so they've made some error there. I have found the correct location of the image and I'm now looking for where to change the code.

Back