• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Upgrading vBulletin to version 3.0.1

And maybe if we all SUBTLY HINT enough that reputation is the most dumbass new "feature" he'll disable it, cos damn, that is some awesome little green image he has.

Is there any reason why ascii codes no longer work?

Numerical codes appear too, but not the shorthand.

°

° (&#176)

Black dots are back to indicate which threads you have posted to.

What exactly is reputation anyway? This is acutally the first I have heard of it.

I think the forum looks good, I do miss the old style a bit, but I can definatly get used to this one. I really love quick reply, i think that is definatly a time saver for me. It does seem a bit slower, but not horrible. Thanks for helping make the transition as easy as possible Peo!

Also, one quick question, the subject column seems so long now, it makes the number of replies so far away at 1600x1200. Not sure if that is something easily fixed, but it would be nice to get them just a closer together so we dont have this huge gaps.

Last edited:
LeX said:
I think you'd have to alter the source code in order to do this.

I believe it's just a simple template modification.
Ask Chris, he would know. :birthday:

Perhaps this has been mentioned, but the lack of privacy when it comes to polls rather bothers me.
I fail to see why it is necessary to post what user voted for which option.
Is there a way for this to be disabled in my user cp?

Its on a per-poll basis. The creator gets to choose if its a public or private poll, and vB displays a warning if its public. Might be an ACP option to disable public polls altogether though..

I failed to see a warning before voting recently in the computer forum, not that it bothers me though.

I beleive the warning is displayed in small font size right above the question, I almost missed it too. As Chroder said, it's the one who creates the poll who decides if it should display who voted for what.

Yep. I was ginna take a screenshot of it, but I was a dumbass and voted before lol

Anyway, I think you should upload the old post icons. They're smaller and look better IMO.

Smilies have been reorganized into categories. I'll improve that a little later. Main smilies (the first 20 smilies you see when you reply) have also been changed, so maybe we will get less :cat: and :coolmusic ...

There's smilies on the reply page? Is it an option you have to enable in your use cp or something?

Testing WYSIWYG editor...

Bruce: Yes, you can change it in your User Control Panel -> Edit Options -> at the bottom of that page you see Miscellaneous Options -> Message Editor Interface and there you can choose from 3 differnt editors. The WYSIWYG might not work with some older browsers.

I don't know why there is a button for that since you just have to write the emailaddress and it gets hyperlinked automatically... Even stranger that the button doesn't work..?

Peo said:
Testing WYSIWYG editor...

Bruce: Yes, you can change it in your User Control Panel -> Edit Options -> at the bottom of that page you see Miscellaneous Options -> Message Editor Interface and there you can choose from 3 differnt editors. The WYSIWYG might not work with some older browsers.

Excuse me peo, there is a test things out forum. Please use it, others you might get banned

(haha)

The button works for me. It is if you want the address to be overlayed with a diff name. Like John's E-mail

Back