• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

upgrading mozilla

n7of9

you can't "upgrade" mozilla, you need to uninstall the old version and then reinstall the new...i know that i have to copy over my plugins directory to not lose them, but how to do reinstall without loosing my preferences, my mail items and most importantly my bookmarks??

the faq talks about the user profile, but i seem to have profile directories in my main mozilla directory AND in my windows/application data directory

i'm not exactly sure how to do it and don't want to try in case i lose stuff...please help if you can

thanks

I never lose my plug-ins/bookmarks/etc when I upgrade. Just run the installation program you downloaded.

It cautions you to uninstall the old before installing the new, but that's not usually necessary.

I suppose you could keep the old one, install the new one to a new location (it should pick up old one's information and ask you if you want to use it), then uninstall the old one. That sounds like a hassle, just install over it, you won't loose anything.

<edit>

If you're worried about your bookmarks, though, just click Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks... > Tools > Export..., save your bookmarks file wherever you want, then after the installation do the same except choose Import... and recover them.

Last edited:
Back