• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Unlimited Webspace - no ads or banners

guldklumpen

Hi.

Im looking for Free unlimited webspace with no adverts or banners.... FTP upload with or without cgi... and no or high file size allowance...

Please tell me if you know anywhere like it!!

Thanks

Well..if you look at his post one thread below he needs the site for 100mbs of rar files...

So I would say its safe to say that hes trying to get some warez online...

I just need the space for .wav and themes that are kind a big.. nothing illegal i promise..

I cant stand banners they make your site look cheap and tacky.. i need ftp cos my browser always failes and it takes too long to select the files!!

:)

This is one of those rare occasions that your assumptions are wrong and you blush of shame... (well not really that)

There aren't really that many FWP that will offer unlimited (or a large amount) webspace without banners. Even crosswinds now put up a popup to finance new system upgrads.

I think your best choice is http://www.spaceports.com you start with 20mb but can get more. They require you to have a banner, but you can place it where you want on your page so that gives you the ability to incorporate it into your design, the even give you a part of the revenue they make through the banners.

Sorry guldklumpen, that post was meant for Ragi Baba...

The biggest bannerless site I know of will only give you about 25 mbs... Most FWP, even those that have banners wont give you unlimited space...

If your files are not that big (by themeselves) and you dont have that many hits, try hosting your pics and wavs at streamload.com or something... Yes, they have a download limit of 100 mb, but if you dont use that much, this may be ok...

Anyway, good luck :)

PS: Another thing you may want to try is too get in touch with some of the bigger theme sites. They may host your site for free...who knows...

Originally posted by guldklumpen
I just need the space for .wav and themes that are kind a big.. nothing illegal i promise..

I cant stand banners they make your site look cheap and tacky.. i need ftp cos my browser always failes and it takes too long to select the files!!

There's a simple solution. Encode the wav's to mp3s or Real Audio files. This will reduce them GREATLY. Contact your host BEFORE you post them just to get the ok for the files. And there you have it.

Originally posted by Nick
Originally posted by guldklumpen

There's a simple solution. Encode the wav's to mp3s or Real Audio files. This will reduce them GREATLY. Contact your host BEFORE you post them just to get the ok for the files. And there you have it.

Sorry they are .wav for a reason!!! they need to stay like that!!

For windows theme sites, you 'need' .wavs.

You may want to try the popular public ftp sites like cdrom.com and simtel.net.... they may accept your themes...

Some of these themes have like 30 wav files, if I had to convert them back from mp3, I would go insance and never download from his site again!

Originally posted by cds
Some of these themes have like 30 wav files, if I had to convert them back from mp3, I would go insance and never download from his site again!

I've seen examples of zip files with lots of wavs that were encoded to mp3. The mp3s were converted back to wav when you ran a batch file. I don't know what software was used to do this, maybe a freeware codec with command-line and wildcard options, but I know that it can be done.

But remember, mp3 encoding (even if you decode back to wav) permanantely decreases quality. So I have to agree that the files need to stay in the .wav format.

BTW, I may be wrong, but I think http://deskmod.com has a section where you can upload windows themes. You are talking about MSPlus compatible themes, right? So you could make a website explaining each one of your themes, maybe with a thumbnail screenshot and link to the files stored on deskmod's server. Good luck!

Originally posted by bitsmart
I've seen examples of zip files with lots of wavs that were encoded to mp3. The mp3s were converted back to wav when you ran a batch file. I don't know what software was used to do this, maybe a freeware codec with command-line and wildcard options, but I know that it can be done.

But remember, mp3 encoding (even if you decode back to wav) permanantely decreases quality. So I have to agree that the files need to stay in the .wav format.

BTW, I may be wrong, but I think http://deskmod.com has a section where you can upload windows themes. You are talking about MSPlus compatible themes, right? So you could make a website explaining each one of your themes, maybe with a thumbnail screenshot and link to the files stored on deskmod's server. Good luck!

You can use winamp to change mp3's to wav's. Just go to Prefrences > Output > and then the one that says disk writer.

MP3's loose MINIMAL quality due to the face that all the sound removed is never actually heard by the human brain.

Originally posted by Nick
You can use winamp to change mp3's to wav's. Just go to Prefrences > Output > and then the one that says disk writer.

MP3's loose MINIMAL quality due to the face that all the sound removed is never actually heard by the human brain.

You can't hear those frequencies, but it does detract from the audio, because even though you may not process it, it does still hit your ear drum. Of course, on Windows theme sounds, I doubt it would make much difference. But just for the sake of an off-topic argument, MP3-encoding music causes noticeable loss.

Back