• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Unlimited BandWidth

Gabriel

I had seen lot of host offers

Unlimted BandWidth !!!!

If that practically implemented or only in paper offer........

You need to slow down with the posting. Try to keep them all in 1 thread and any related hosting questions need to be asked in the Hosting Forums.

Whoa, i marked all forums as read, came back just now and there's like a whole new page of threads.

Like Robert said, could you put all your questions into one thread and then post it in the hosting section.

I'm happy to help you as i'm sure many others are, but i don't really want to go through the 9/10 threads you just made answering one question at a time :confused2

Welcome to FreeWebspace.net Gabriel! :) As pointed out by the members above, you could have made fewer threads out of all your questions. But let's now try to deal with each question in different threads anyway, as it is completely different topics. Some of the questions have already been answered. But I'm moving all Gabriels hosting related questions to Paid Hosting forum.

Unlimited bandwidth is not possible to offer since there is a limit to everything. So you should stay away from "unlimited bandwidth" or "unlimited space" offers. We don't even allow web hosts who claim to offer such things to post their offers here anymore.

Unlimited transfer is simply not possible. Everything has a limit. If a web host attempts to tell you otherwise, then stay far away from them. Often these unlimited accounts get cut off when they reach a certain resource usage. Companies that offer unlimited very often up and disappear in the night.

I still wonder how hostultra stayed alive. Could it be the file size limit?
The only complaints I've ever heard about them are the pop-ups, nothing about space/bandwidth.

Since they will either be paying for their own dedicated line (in which case managing their bandwidth among all of their customers is their primary concern) or - more likely - buying a fixed/flexable amount of Gb's transfer from their host, there will be a hard limit of how many Gb's each customer can use and they'll still be profitable.
If their average customer uses only 3Gb/month they might get away with offering them 5Gb or even 10Gb a month. If a small amount of customers actually do use the full 10Gb they'll be fine as long as the majority stays far below that point.
Of course, once you start stating that there's no limit whatsoever you're bound to attract people who use maybe 100Gb's+ each month and that's when they get in trouble.
You'll find that all of the unlimited hosts do and will terminate your account once you pass a certain point.
The best is to look for a well priced host and order a package that includes a little more then what you actually need. Look for one that will allow you to go several Gb's over your limit with having to pay $5/extra Gb and/or that makes stepping up to the next higher up hosting package painlessly.

Well the reason host ultra stays alive is the fact that they have the file size limit and the free hosting customer is much much different from the paid hosting one. Very few free sites will use much at all in the way of transfer. Often the ads and such chase visitors away, and most don't try to develop a website with large amounts of hits on a free host.

who says that you can't keep electrical signals going forever? :p

btw, when you refer to the amount of data transfered in and out of a websever, it's called tranfer, not bandwidth :biggrin2:!

Unlimited Bandwidth did exist years ago. Years ago High-Speed Internet Access wasn't around, the average joe was on a 28.8, 56K and the lucky ones were on ISDN 64kbps or 128kbps. Because the connection to the Internet for your typical user was slower than today, hosts could offer "Unlimited Bandwidth" because the user couldn't use up as much as they do today with their high-speed Internet Access.

the thing is, even those many years ago, it still cost a lot to have those connections. it's not like you can't give someone "unlimited transfer" now-days either, bandwidth is sooo cheap!
my adsl connection is on an unlimited plan...one guy with a 512/128 connection managed to break my ISP's download record of 80gb in a month and they still didn't kick him off his connection.

it really comes down to the price and how respectable the hosting company is. $5 a month for 250mb and "unlimited transfers" is laughable :biggrin2:

Originally posted by vanitha@accuweb
For unlimited Bandwidth

the fees is unlimited

only by that way everyone can able to offer

unlimited bandwidth.........

I agree with this... if its a "pay as you go" type plan, then its more than possible. Much the same as what hostultra.com offers in one of their plans...

Yet, offering as much as the user can possibly use for a set amount can only lead to disaster.

I mean, you can't just pay $15 and eat as much chocolate as you can possibly handle... yet, if you pay $2/bar - then your not going to have to worry.

In saying that, yes, unlimited bandwidth is possible, but the surviving-type doesn't really last.

And plus, there are datacentres here that dont meter the upstream from the servers, they only monitor the downstream...

Originally posted by Archbob
Thats because upstream is hardly ever a problem.
Aren't you confusing up/downstream here? :confused4
Upload to the server is downstream, download from the server is upstream.

Back