• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

unlimited bandwidth but.....help

amrithsagar

I had asked a clarification about unlimited bandwidth and the reply i got is as follows from win2000hoster.com ... can i go with this host...does viewing webpage not come under page downloads???...help me i'm looking for <$5 windows,asp host...with good customer service and speed...

Thanks
Amrith
Thank you for choosing us, As a reply to your inquiry, We have the
pleasure to inform you that :

transfer is really unlimted but :
- No downloads
- No streaming media
- No zip
- No spam

Unlimited in other terms via transfer means (unmetered)
which you never care about the bandwidth.
ROTFLMAO

:jump:

If you compromise the server's ability to serve by using up insane amounts of transfer, you'll probably get kicked off because of some rule that you were not aware of unless you read the FAQ/TOS.

Originally posted by amrithsagar
does viewing webpage not come under page downloads???

Someone else had asked this before (maybe not on this forum, but on some forum at least). Yes, viewing a page on a server is the same thing. How they distinguish 'downloads' is beyond me. This is why I'd go with a host that offers set amounts, and allows you to use those amounts any way you want. Of course, the files must be legal, etc., but you know what I mean.

An example of this is http://www.futurequest.com - though there are others, just none that state it so well on their pages (that I can think of off hand). Maybe you should post a thread asking about hosts such as these.

Now, how many times do people need to get screwed to learn that there is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth.

Back