• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

UK based?

Aquatix

OK, so I was about to buy some hosting from Compila (www.Compila.co.uk) but I've just heard a few "less than glowing" reports about their services, so...

Does anyone have any suggestions for UK based hosting companies with a good reputation, excellent support, reasonable prices, etc.?

I only need less than 10mb of space, but a considerable transfer allowance would be good (upwards of 10gb/month).

Any suggestions? :)

(p.s. I'm looking for established "larger scale" companies, by the way. I'm not interested in hosting offers from invididuals or tiny one-man-band "companies"...)

Thanks Jan and D MaN - I think I've decided to go with United Hosting... Unless anyone can come up with a better solution or reason not to? :D

<Duran, read the rules please. The thread starter was asking for suggestions, not offers and he already decided on a host.>

C:\WINDOWS>ping www.unitedhosting.co.uk

Pinging www.unitedhosting.co.uk [207.44.156.113] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 207.44.156.113: bytes=32 time=344ms TTL=46
Reply from 207.44.156.113: bytes=32 time=343ms TTL=46
Reply from 207.44.156.113: bytes=32 time=343ms TTL=46
Reply from 207.44.156.113: bytes=32 time=357ms TTL=46

Ping statistics for 207.44.156.113:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 343ms, Maximum = 357ms, Average = 346ms

Edit - I have asked the owner to pop by and address your concerns.

Hello!

We currently have no issues at our end. Please email or PM me your IP if you cannot access our site. Around a week ago one of our servers was ddos attacked and we blocked a few IP's. As a result of this you or your isp may have been included in error.

You wont be able to ping our servers, even on a good day, as we firewall out ping requests. If you contact our support team they can provide you with a router IP to ping/traceroute to.

Feel free to contact me or the team if you have any further questions or concerns - all systems are go this end.

Thanks for your interest.

Althought i live in Romania, i'm planning to buy Enterprise Resseler package from unitedhosting.co.uk. Me & some friends used their services for a while and i can say that they are AWESOME, even if the prices are a little high.
Go for it.

Thanks guys. As if by magic, everything seems to be working again...

Looks like I might be doing some business with you afterall. :p Thanks again.

Glad I could be of help, hope to see you on a server near us soon! :)

Also thankyou to Jan who tipped us off about this thread!

*off topic*
(delete this if you think it would be best jan)

Unitedhosting, how come your main currency is in $USD yet you are using a .co.uk domain? I.e. how come the sterling pound prices change upon exhange rate, its usually the other way round for UK based hosts.

Also, for your pound sterling prices, you suggest £UKP. The currency is actually called £GBP. Just a friendly tip :)

Originally posted by shockfire
*off topic*
Unitedhosting, how come your main currency is in $USD yet you are using a .co.uk domain? I.e. how come the sterling pound prices change upon exhange rate, its usually the other way round for UK based hosts.

That's a pretty interesting point... Answers UH? :)

It is possible that the majority use US dollars to compare hosts. If he had it in GBP, people would only ask what it is in USD :p Some people are too lazy to use a converter :confused2

Back