• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Twitter gets slammed by Google

Wait, Twitter proper, the main site, or people's isolated twitter pages? I wasn't all that bothered when they closed down the co.cc range, but I'd be nervous if a search for "Twitter" DIDN'T return the "only valid result"!

Ah pfft, it won't affect Twitter one bit. It's just Google trying to slowly find PR & Coverage for Google+.

I'm not really surprised or bothered. Twitter has 1 billion tweets a week, I don't think they need or care about PR rank. If Google has purposely reset their rank, then it will be a ploy for G+ and for them being bitter about the Twitter contract (for live search results) expiring and not being renewed.

Neat. I've heard about page ranks, but never checked it out. Facebook is 10/10 and Twitter still 0/10 when I checked. FWS 5/10. And my favourite Frihost 4/10. But yes, I can understand why Google is after Facebook. Google's page rank is 9/10.
:)

Google have always been 9/10, nice to see Twitbox being reduced, if it has, to zero, did Farcebook really make 10/10?

It's probably just a glitch, I'd imagine doing that would be considered anti-competitive (and illegal).

It's probably just a glitch, I'd imagine doing that would be considered anti-competitive (and illegal).

Well Google isn't competing with Twitbox in any way, new Google+ might be considered a new Farcebook but it's not on release really.

So no hit no foul :D

Bet Bill Gates had thought of that approach :evilb:

Regardless of it's PR, Twitter is and it will be used by average Joe, bloggers, designers and celebrities. The only thing that bothers me is why Google is so mean. They had a contract with Twitter and it's not renewed, so Google wants to take revenge.
On the other side, Twitter may take back it's data from Google Real Time search results. Google may want to use the Google+ data for that kind of search (even it's not released to general public yet).

Twitter had a contract with Google? First I knew about that. Love to see the link to it.

Twitter is a hole where people dump thoughts and who really cares.

Celebs post that they've just bought a coffee, woohoo!

It's SMS for the brain-dead, it's not bloging, it's not useful, it's not really anything.

Although it is used by drug dealers and criminals, so I suppose it is useful there. (and yes I do know for a fact it is)

If it was possible it should be -1

Yeah they had a contract from 2009. It was a mutual decision not to renew the contract for live search results. Though, Google was more reluctant to renew since they were going to launch Google+ so they don't need Twitter results, especially if people end up importing their Twitter timelines to their G+ account. Google felt pressured to sign up for a live search contract with Twitter initially because Microsoft got in there first with Bing, so they had a competitive edge, so Google went for it too. I did like the addition of that to Google search, especially the news/blogs side, if not the Twitter feeds.

I believe that Google heard too much about ppl ranting on they drop twitter's PR on purpose, so they restored it to shut us all up.
:)

Back