• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Twinkie Diet

DarkBlood

NLC
NLC
http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

(CNN) -- Twinkies. Nutty bars. Powdered donuts.

For 10 weeks, Mark Haub, a professor of human nutrition at Kansas State University, ate one of these sugary cakelets every three hours, instead of meals. To add variety in his steady stream of Hostess and Little Debbie snacks, Haub munched on Doritos chips, sugary cereals and Oreos, too.

His premise: That in weight loss, pure calorie counting is what matters most -- not the nutritional value of the food.

The premise held up: On his "convenience store diet," he shed 27 pounds in two months.

Right. ---- your body up more by not eating nutritional food, to lose weight that you gained by already not eating nutritional food. What does this guy have that job?

Gotta read the whole article, or watch the news...

He says he doesn't recommend anyone follow this diet plan, but says it proves that weight loss is about counting calories, not carbs or pills or anything like that.

Well that's obvious, a better idea would be to just watch what you eat before you put on extra weight.

The trick is balance. You need nutrients from all of the food groups, but any one of the food groups can provide the calories you need for energy.

But if you eat a lot of any particular item you'll gain weight from the excess nutrients, regardless of what it is.

That's why this works- he's limiting his total calorie intake, causing weight loss even though nutritionally it's all wrong.

That's also how I've kept my weight for years- I live primarily on homegrown beef served in combination with tomato sauce and pasta. As long as I stay on my feet moving around and doing things all day when not promoting my server business or making a repair to the servers I don't have to worry about it, calories in = calories out, and there's enough variety for decent nutrient balance.

But if I get all depressed for a bit and sit still for a while, I get comments from m'lady that I've gotten squishy again. It goes away when I get back to normal, but I've noticed that I have to be careful when I do stop moving for more than a few hours.

The secret to beef is grill it, and make sure to press it while it is being cooked until all the grease comes out. It's nowhere near as bad in the first place with homegrown beef vs store-bought, but it helps a lot with store-bought meats- which are often so greasy that you can actually turn the heat off once the grease starts to flame off the grill's cinders and they will cook themselves to perfection using their own grease as fuel.

Last edited:

kelseygrammer11.jpg

Hopefully somebody watched that show.

Back