• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

trillion dollar webhost !!!!

Theo

Ok, before you start complaining I know that this is a topic that might have been posted before, but I want I list of the most recent fetures and technology.
So ... If you had a trillion dollars :p to build a webhost, the best webhost ever, what kind of fetures would you offer?What kind of servers, and how many? What kind of connections, service, etc?

I am asking because I am thinking to make it :eek: If you reply you get 10000 years of free hosting with all the fetures that will be listed here :cool: :p :D :D :confused2

Also, how much would you charge, if lets say there was demand for this service even at very high prices.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
I would never waste money on a free webhost.

Its just an imaginary situation .. come on :confused2

and its not supposed to be a free host, its supposed to be a REALLY expensive one. If lets say the world was full with trillioners and you could actually have customers for it.

It wouldn't necessarily be wasting.

Though, trillian dollar webhost is a bit much...

Though, if I had a tasty amount of money to throw around; I would build a free webhost; with that freehost, I would put advertisements on it.

But advertisments that would promote my beliefs and causes; and help further my image, and the name of "Toefur".

So, because it would be such a good free host (cgi, php, mysql, ssi. ftp, browser upload, and page builder even more fancy than geocities, tho only 50 meg space and 5 gig bandwidth), I would get just so many people signing up...

That my ads would be seen by so many people...

Ah, it wouldbe wonderful, yes!

Not a waste of money at all!

Originally posted by Theo

Its just an imaginary situation .. come on :confused2

and its not supposed to be a free host, its supposed to be a REALLY expensive one. If lets say the world was full with trillioners and you could actually have customers for it.

I think it's a better scenario if it is actually for a free host, because if it is a standard webhost that just offered everything...

It'll just be everyone saying...

yeah, 5billion gig transfer a month
50 gig hard drives
5000 subdomains
etc.

Originally posted by Toefur

I think it's a better scenario if it is actually for a free host, because if it is a standard webhost that just offered everything...

It'll just be everyone saying...

yeah, 5billion gig transfer a month
50 gig hard drives
5000 subdomains
etc.

Well, thats not really what I need ... thats just bigger, which is only part of the "trillion dollar host". The other parts are: more fetures (fetures that you don't usually get with a $30 per month host) and better quality.
E.g take Verio, and make it better ..

ok .. I am lying :(

I tried to be modest but i guess I have to say the truth .. I have several novemtrigintillion dollars, and I own the universe ...

So, now tell me about that cheapo host I was talking about !!!

Becoming a free host is an idiotic idea. Becoming a paid host is a better idea.

Use multiple connections including Cogent for starters (10000 a month for 1000 mbps), and use high-end desktops w/BSD installed on them + Apache.

Last edited:
ok ... can you have the same websites hosted at multiple locations, so if a site goes down from one location the other will take over automaticly?
I can see some problems with keeping the content consistent on both locations, but i guess this shouldn't be anything to hard to solve.

pro paid:
1 trillion gigs of bandwidth
1 trillion gigs of space
1 trillion subdomains
sendmail
cgi
latest php
latest perl
latest asp
.com/.net/.org account free(if your site is closed you'll have to pay $30 after,if it doesn't then we don't care)
paid:
500 billion gigs of bandwidth
500 billion gigs of space
500 billion subdomains
sendmail
cgi
php
perl
must own your own domain,or pay $10 to get one
$30 a month

free:
100 gig of bandwidth
999 megs,can be upgraded with $20
10 subdomains,can be more added with $10
with an ad that can be placed anywhere on the page,and a text link on everypage anywhere
the text link will link to your hosting,and the ad will be an ad from another company,and you get paid for making members put the ad on the page(if that's allowed,you gotta get permissions first)
if you want to get rid of the text link and ad you pay $50

you hire someone to check the accounts of the free/paid servers,and check the content of their site.people who breach the tos will have to pay a fine of $500 and go to court

it won't pay up the trillion dollars but hey,if you got that much money then why would you care? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Originally posted by Demigod
with an ad that can be placed anywhere on the page,and a text link on everypage anywhere
the text link will link to your hosting,and the ad will be an ad from another company,and you get paid for making members put the ad on the page(if that's allowed,you gotta get permissions first)
if you want to get rid of the text link and ad you pay $50
If you're so rich, what do you need the textlink for?

Re: Re: trillion dollar webhost !!!!

Originally posted by trenzterra
You have a thrillion dollars?:confused: :p :D

[ADD]Maybe in Rupia.

Trenz....If you do some basic calculations... a trillion rupia is worth millions of dollars....Maths fail...

Back