• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Trial: 90mb Space / 9GB bandwith month / Fantastico / 90MEGS.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also drastically changed the features available without any notice. No more POP accounts, only one MySQL DB, no more access logs or stats, no more cron jobs... There's a long list of missing features.

True, I always backup my info :) The account features have changed, but you still get 90mb and 10gb transfer mysql, ftp.

I use another free mail account for email and web stats from another site.

Hmm...I made my first 90megs site earlier today, largely because I'm sick of 150m.com, and thought about moving my site(s) from there to avoid the ads that completely destroy my website on slower computers, and I can't help but notice that lately, every major search engine is programmed to avoid 150m.com sites because they perceive a security threat in the fact that 404 errors go back to the main site, and I can't customize enough of my site to allow search engine spiders anyway.

But while this site seems great, I tried to use my first account to host .jpg webcam images that I frequently replaced (I was experimenting with anaglyphs, my targets could be seen in perspective with comic book red/cyan glasses).

Now, I don't know if I've been IP blocked for rapidly uploading files, if the server is just down, or if it's merely something on my computer, but I can't get into my website at all - nor can I access the main 90megs site, or the support page, or in fact, any site from 90megs.com. If anyone knows what's up and could help me here, I would greatly appreciate it, because I'd like to migrate my main website from 150m.com. I'm not interested in maintaining the webcam, if that caused the problem.

I've heard that other people can still see my site. I apparently still have the same picture of my forehead there.

try from another computer, it seems you or your isp blocked it.

Check what you have in your host file on your computer.

RandomPrecision said:
"The connection was refused when attempting to contact 90megs.com."

Still can't get in.

That error is NOT an ISP Blocking a site. That error is a server running too hard.

hottweelz said:
That error is NOT an ISP Blocking a site. That error is a server running too hard.

Like in my first post, I said that other people can apparently get in and see my last jpg from the webcam.

I, however, can't get in, even if just to remove it.

Never knew a server can run hard :)

I have gotten this error with a few sites.

I just went into the host file on my computer and made sure some spyware was not changing this file.

You can go in there and delete what is in there and save it and see if the browser works then.

Also try a different version or browser all together. good luck

Hmm, I knew I didn't have any spyware, but I just tried it today, and it works again. I'll just confusedly accept it for the time being, I suppose (although your advice may have been correct, because I think I cleared my cache somewhere in between).

Thanks. :)

tc17 said:
> 90megs.com are back up and accepting sign ups

... after having dumped numerous previous site without any sort of notification
Yeah, my site was suddenly gone too. Givemeplain, did you keep ANY backup of those site that were deleted?

Obviously have a mail server if you have to respond to a validation email to finish creating your account.

Nice try though. :shame:

This thread is eight months old, if you still have a valid offer, please create a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back